ADVERTISEMENT

JD Davidson

They seriously don't play defenses hard in the summer league imo.
The NBA at times doesn't play hard hat defense until it really means something in the game and they turn it up....fun to watch.
JD is a steal and has a tremendous ceiling.

Reactions: PIO2U and bet9
Good for JD if it works out. He had a few games here where he looked like he could take over games. But then he would follow a great game with many games where he's afraid to shoot and afraid to pass until he's midair when he would panic and dump it somewhere. He also had a lot of turnovers here where he technically delivered a crazy good pass but the ball bricks off the teammate's hands. That shouldn't happen nearly as often with players that can catch and score. I can only assume he doesn't have a lot of confidence in his shots but if that was the problem it will fix itself with time and reps.

Reactions: tidertimintn
We are happy for JD but remember he scored 20 total in his last three summer league games. The Celtics are starting him and he is playing 25-30 minutes. Last night showed his potential.

I think the Celtics got a steal at 53 in the draft. He put on an absolute clinic today. 28 pts. 10 ast. 5 rbs. 3 stl 1 blk. 9 of 14 and 4 of 6 from 3. I'm glad he's proving the naysayers wrong.
I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high just yet? Great athlete. He should have stayed in college at least one more year. No where near ready for the NBA yet.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high just yet? Great athlete. He should have stayed in college at least one more year. No where near ready for the NBA yet.
Yep. With NIL now, most of Miami and Texas A&M’s HS football recruits are actually making more $ this year. 🤣

Or option #3 - he's getting betting coaching now.
That's pretty harsh, JD had to learn to play big boy basketball quickly in the SEC. There was a big learning curve coming from a small high school classification and as he gained experience he has done better imo.
He is a steal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT