ADVERTISEMENT

Lottery in ALABAMA

AETide

All American
Jan 25, 2011
I have reply to a couple of post on this so I thought I would just post my thoughts. Sorry if it's a bit long.
I now live in Middle Tn.. Born and raised in North Alabama but worked moved me here and I'm now retired after 30 something years.
We now have the lottery in Tn. as you all know. They have it in FL., GA., MISS., and I said here in TN.,. Look at the state in the middle of these 4 states. Yes it's OUR STATE OF ALABAMA. Think of how many people travel through ALABAMA just on I-65 going to FL. or Gulf Shores for vacation each year. I read one post on here where some one said only about 35 people drive outside the state to play the lottery. I nearly ,well want go there you get the picture. As the lottery grows each week with no winners, more people take the drive to these FOUR states to play the lottery. It's a chance and that's all it is, and ALABAMA money is flowing right outside the state.
Buying a lottery ticket is no different than buying a $10.00 raffle ticket from some HIGH SCHOOL BOOSTER CLUB to win some prize like a DVD player or say a TV or even a lawn tractor. The prize's most of the time was either donated or some of the raffle money helps pay for it. It's no different than a CHURCH GROUP selling raffle tickets for $10.00 to win a cake or something to help raise money to maybe buy a new piano.
People say the poor will spend there money they need to buy these tickets. Well just drive across any of these 4 STATE LINES and see who is buying these lottery tickets. Yes, it's the so call POOR and MIDDLE CLASS AND YES EVEN THE SO CALL RICH CLASS PEOPLE. The chance is a drive away so they will make the drive regardless of there INCOME. I will be willing to bet that no CHURCH OR HS BOOSTER CLUB OR ANY OTHER organization has told someone they thought or new TURN DOWN anyone from purchasing a raffle ticket or a so call chance and tell them they think they need the money for something else other than a raffle ticket. JUST WILL NOT HAPPEN.
Wake up ALABAMA and vote the lottery in and make the folks in MONTGOMERY use the money for EDUCATION FIRST.
It will also create jobs and in the long run help the state, and from what I hear from my family, the state needs help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News