ADVERTISEMENT

Make it stretch for women

Vaughnbama

All American
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2009
For those that have not noticed, Alabama’s women are sitting are sitting at 15-4 (4-2 in conference) with this weeks games against LSU and Arkansas. This week will tell if Curry is finally over the hump at Alabama. Two wins and Alabama could be placing themselves in contention for a bye in the SEC tournament. Two losses and we are back in the middle of the SEC. The middle gets you into the NCAA discussion, but never in contention for hosting.

Right now we are shown as an 11 seed.

For those that have not noticed, Alabama’s women are sitting are sitting at 15-4 (4-2 in conference) with this weeks games against LSU and Arkansas. This week will tell if Curry is finally over the hump at Alabama. Two wins and Alabama could be placing themselves in contention for a bye in the SEC tournament. Two losses and we are back in the middle of the SEC. The middle gets you into the NCAA discussion, but never in contention for hosting.

The ladies are playing well, which I know infuriates a few anti Curry posters on here. Beating LSU is a longshot, as they're undefeated and ranked 3rd in the country. I think we have a decent shot against the hogettes, especially if we can get Britanny Davis close to 100%. At #16, we're the 3rd highest rated SEC team in the NET rankings, behind only South Carolina and LSU. We're in great position to make the NCAA tournament for the second time in the last 3 seasons. Our program is definitely on an upswing.

The program has been on the upswing, since the adminstration got the women out of Foster and let them come back into Coleman. Imagine what would happen if the administration ever decided to invest in Women's Basketball with Coach Curry?

I went to the game last night; they are playing better than I have seen in years. Watched LSU play and that would be a stretch to take them down. We match up well with Arkansas so going to be interesting. The crowd was a little better last night but still not very supportive of a good team. Would be nice if the students showed up, guess there was only 50 or less students, not counting the band. Glad to see several men's basketball players there and they stayed for the entire game.

I thought from the title that this thread was spam for some kind of "medicine."

I went to the game last night; they are playing better than I have seen in years. Watched LSU play and that would be a stretch to take them down. We match up well with Arkansas so going to be interesting. The crowd was a little better last night but still not very supportive of a good team. Would be nice if the students showed up, guess there was only 50 or less students, not counting the band. Glad to see several men's basketball players there and they stayed for the entire game.
I was delighted when we got Curry as I thought it was a upgrade, then years passed and we just didn’t improve. I thought after 5 years we should move in another direction but, finally we are seeing improvements. It has taken quite some time but maybe we are seeing an overall change in the program’s direction. I like Curry’s positive energy and would love to see her succeed and prove me wrong.

Reactions: bet9
I was delighted when we got Curry as I thought it was a upgrade, then years passed and we just didn’t improve. I thought after 5 years we should move in another direction but, finally we are seeing improvements. It has taken quite some time but maybe we are seeing an overall change in the program’s direction. I like Curry’s positive energy and would love to see her succeed and prove me wrong.
Coach Curry's first few years at Alabama, she had no chance. With the support she had from the administration, if Coach Curry had less support, we should have disbanded the program. Dawn Staley could not have won at Alabama, with the support Coach Curry received. There are High School teams in Division l 1 in the State of Alabama that had more support. The last three or four years, the Administration finally decided to support the team and now we are seeing the results. I do not know if Coach Curry is the answer to placing Alabama, where we once existed in the 90's, but I do know that she now has the chance to prove herself.

I’m not a Curry hater by any means but she has had 10 years. I understand everyone’s frustrations with that in mind. she has the best players she’s ever had since she’s been here. We actually have some good shooters. Unfortunately, Davis, Abrams and Barber will all be gone after this year I believe. There are some other scorers but she has to do better in recruiting going forward. she has done much better bringing in talent the past 2 Years But she has to continue. Im not sure what support we‘re talking about other than getting them out of Foster. This was a must! Maybe someone can expand on that for me.

Curry and Bama will lose both games by double digits and the LSU game will be ugly. Curry in her 10th season is a middle of the pack to lower tier coach in this league.
And the non conference schedule was ridiculously weak.

Cannot recruit the state of Alabama. No top player will even look at Tuscaloosa. Has been a problem forever and has not changed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT