ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Nimari Burnett

Do you honestly think I believe Burnett should make any life decision based on what I say on a message board? You’ve already proven a player believing something is in his own best interest is not the sole criteria for good decision making. I’ll let you have the last word. Can’t believe I’ve lasted this long.

I can't either. You should have given up long ago. A college basketball player making 0$ should not be held to a higher standard than their coaches making millions. It's very simple, and not something I see as an argument or up for discussion. As long as coaches are able to negotiate deals mid season to leave(or stay) and make more money, players should be able to negotiate mid season to make no money. As soon as the players start getting paid (which is a very difficult conversation for many reasons) then I will agree they are beholden to the university through the duration of the season they're being paid for. While they are playing for free, they should be able to play for whoever they want to.

Reactions: Sweetlou10
I would probably not let him play, I would recommend he transfer to somewhere who would let him do that. And I would sit back on my 10s of millions of dollars and not criticize a kid who is making 0$. You're going to keep getting the same answer from me, but feel free to keep asking random hypotheticals in an attempt to prove your backwards point that college athletes should not be allowed to do what they think is best for them, while also deciding schools aren't to blame for doing the exact same thing

Clearly u never served in the military

And people that make “millions” bother you.

Those are my two conclusions.

Reactions: kansas77

I'm not sure the military has to do with college athletics scholarships. Nimari burnett did not sign up for the military (that I'm aware of) so I do not believe he should be forced to abide by the rules of the military. People that make millions absolutely do not bother me. I've got no problem with coaches. I have a problem with people who hold players to a higher level of accountability than their millionaire coaches. If you hold college students who get punished for accepting a 100$ bill to a higher standard than their millionaire coaches then I'll question your morals as well. I've been pretty clear about that

I'm not sure what the military has to do with college athletics scholarships. Nimari burnett did not sign up for the military (that I'm aware of) so I do not believe he should be forced to abide by the rules of the military. People that make millions absolutely do not bother me. I've got no problem with coaches. I have a problem with people who hold players to a higher level of accountability than their millionaire coaches. If you hold college students who get punished for accepting a 100$ bill to a higher standard than their millionaire coaches then I'll question your morals as well. I've been pretty clear about that

I'm not sure what the military has to do with college athletics scholarships. Nimari burnett did not sign up for the military (that I'm aware of) so I do not believe he should be forced to abide by the rules of the military. People that make millions absolutely do not bother me. I've got no problem with coaches. I have a problem with people who hold players to a higher level of accountability than their millionaire coaches. If you hold college students who get punished for accepting a 100$ bill to a higher standard than their millionaire coaches then I'll question your morals as well. I've been pretty clear about that

yep - I was right

• Haha
Reactions: kansas77
yep - I was right

About what exactly, may I ask? Is there some rule in the military that says the people with the most responsibility and are held to the highest standards are also the ones who are barred from accepting compensation for their services?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT