ADVERTISEMENT

Our Freshman

That would have cost us the game. Those two have to figure out how to ply without giving the ball away and that includes bad shots. Hopefully those two and Miles can keep the right attitude as their minutes are cut into by the freshman the further this season goes.

That would have cost us the game. Those two have to figure out how to ply without giving the ball away and that includes bad shots. Hopefully those two and Miles can keep the right attitude as their minutes are cut into by the freshman the further this season goes.
It is becoming real clear the freshman deserve a lot of playing time. Also it is clear who is making all the turnovers. Coach has figured out who needs to be playing moving forward.

Reactions: bet9
I don’t get The hate. Miller sucked this game. He took terrible shots and made 2 bad turnovers. Clowney had some dumb turnovers, too and people want to blame the old players. Gurley has definitely played very well this year and Q has had some really good games, too. They are leaders. You need leaders to get anywhere in March. Remember that. I have no hate for CLowney or Miller. I have no hate for any of the players. I am just so happy we beat a really good team in a tough place on the road. Now let’s beat Memphis!

I don’t get The hate. Miller sucked this game. He took terrible shots and made 2 bad turnovers. Clowney had some dumb turnovers, too and people want to blame the old players. Gurley has definitely played very well this year and Q has had some really good games, too. They are leaders. You need leaders to get anywhere in March. Remember that. I have no hate for CLowney or Miller. I have no hate for any of the players. I am just so happy we beat a really good team in a tough place on the road. Now let’s beat Memphis!
Nobody hates them. But the truth is the truth. Miller stepped up and drained free throws to close out the game. He also didn’t turn it over much. He just didn’t shoot the ball well. But just because players are old doesn’t make them leaders. Miller is a leader. Watch him when there are breaks in action and such. He’s the one doing the talking. JQ and Gurley hurt us more than they helped us today. That doesn’t mean anybody hates them. Miller and Clowney are our best players. It is what it is.

Nobody hates them. But the truth is the truth. Miller stepped up and drained free throws to close out the game. He also didn’t turn it over much. He just didn’t shoot the ball well. But just because players are old doesn’t make them leaders. Miller is a leader. Watch him when there are breaks in action and such. He’s the one doing the talking. JQ and Gurley hurt us more than they helped us today. That doesn’t mean anybody hates them. Miller and Clowney are our best players. It is what it is.
I don’t disagree that they are our best players, but a team needs several players to step up. That is why the 2020 team was so good. When Petty had a bad night, Q would go nuts. When Q struggled, Herb would do his crazy defensive plays and take charges. Alex Reese would make big shots. It was a team. I think we have that right now, too.

I do think Miller will hang his head when things don’t go his way. He complains to the refs too much. Clowney does it, too. That’s what freshmen do, and that is ok. That’s why you need some senior leadership that keeps them going.

I don’t disagree that they are our best players, but a team needs several players to step up. That is why the 2020 team was so good. When Petty had a bad night, Q would go nuts. When Q struggled, Herb would do his crazy defensive plays and take charges. Alex Reese would make big shots. It was a team. I think we have that right now, too.

I do think Miller will hang his head when things don’t go his way. He complains to the refs too much. Clowney does it, too. That’s what freshmen do, and that is ok. That’s why you need some senior leadership that keeps them going.
Hang his head? Dude sat on the bench for awhile and came back in and played his guts out like the rest of them. Then he nailed 6 free throws that put the game away. That’s where everybody wanted the ball to go at that point too. If he hung his head, he would have pouted around while Oats sat him and came back in disinterested. You don’t need senior leadership. You need leadership. JQ didn’t lead the team last year. Leaders are just leaders, doesn’t matter the age.

Hang his head? Dude sat on the bench for awhile and came back in and played his guts out like the rest of them. Then he nailed 6 free throws that put the game away. That’s where everybody wanted the ball to go at that point too. If he hung his head, he would have pouted around while Oats sat him and came back in disinterested. You don’t need senior leadership. You need leadership. JQ didn’t lead the team last year. Leaders are just leaders, doesn’t matter the age.
He has hung his head in other games this year. Watch the UNC game. I am not bashing him.

Reactions: jtr4dad
He has hung his head in other games this year. Watch the UNC game. I am not bashing him.
Dropping your head and quitting are different things. He’s a kid. Maybe he got frustrated and dropped his head. He’s never quit. His effort has been great and it’s obvious he’s a big time leader of this group.

Reactions: coffee89 and bet9
This team has the defense, offense, rebounding, depth and leadership to go far. Turnovers and free throws are going to decide if they are a top 5 team at the end of the season.

21 turnovers to UConn’s 12 will not get you to the Final 4. It will be interesting to see who the top scorers will be in the next two games.

Reactions: bet9
This team has the defense, offense, rebounding, depth and leadership to go far. Turnovers and free throws are going to decide if they are a top 5 team at the end of the season.
We still need to shot better from outside the arc as a team too, but the ingredients are all there for this to be a special team imop.

Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020

I dont hate then, it’s just very obvious we are a better basketball team when JQ and Gurley are out. They try hero ball too much and careless turnovers.

Totally agree. This was a total team effort.

I dont hate then, it’s just very obvious we are a better basketball team when JQ and Gurley are out. They try hero ball too much and careless turnovers.
I understand what you mean and I do think Q will ball hog too much. I do think there will be games where no one will be able to stop him. I am glad we have him. As for Gurley, I really think he has stepped up this year. He has added weight and gotten much better at rebounding. We don’t beat UNC without him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT