ADVERTISEMENT

Sexual Abuse Charges

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
How should a team/school handle a charge of sexual abuse/assault/rape?

We saw what FSU did with Jameis and I think it was a classic case of this what you do not do. Today I think many if not most think he got away with rape ... I am in the minority in saying wanted to see proof. The way the case was handled by the FSUPD, Local police, and both parties. Jameis will NEVER be cleared in the eyes of many/most and that is unfair to him.

In the case of the UF QB, Treon Harris, UF acted VERY quickly in barring him from campus until the could fully investigate the matter. The school called in the Gainesville Police Department and their forensic team and the player gave them his DNA and allowed them to do anything they wanted to do to his apartment. He also handed over his cell phone, ipad and computer. He told UF and Will the entire time he was innocent. In 4 days time they had completed a pretty thorough and the young lady withdrew her complaint. I think 99% of the people feel he is innocent of any wrongdoing. I think a case of protecting the school and the program .... but the young man was barred from campus for 5 days and will miss a game.

How would you want Alabama to handle the situation if heaven forbid it happens to us?

Obvious not the way FSU did .... but was UF the best example of how to do it? What would you do different vs what UF did?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News