ADVERTISEMENT

Shackelford

Hcrobinson99

All State
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2019
Feel like he might be a surprise transfer. We are loaded at guard now with Burnett coming onboard. I like shack, but I believe athletically he has the lowest ceiling of all of our guards. I just don’t see him becoming anything more than what he currently is, a volume scorer who is just ok on defense.

I hope not. Our leading scorer the last two years I think? His 3-point percentage wasn't great this year, but not bad and I think he can be another 15 ppg guy again. With Quinerly and Davison moving the ball at warp speed this bunch could/should set Bama's all time scoring per game record.

I hope not. Our leading scorer the last two years I think? His 3-point percentage wasn't great this year, but not bad and I think he can be another 15 ppg guy again. With Quinerly and Davison moving the ball at warp speed this bunch could/should set Bama's all time scoring per game record.
Not necessarily hoping for it, but if we land Gurley someone else besides Rojas will need to go as well. Just feel like it’s going to be one of the guards as we are stacked at that position. There’s going to be too many mouths to feed there unless we go really small (Primo at the 4)

Reactions: terp john
There is not much difference between a 2 and 3 and sometimes a 1 and 2. Shack is 1 or 2, Burnett can be a 2 or3.

I don’t know who but not sure why our leading scorer would be a candidate. My guess would be Ambrose-Hylton
You don’t think it would be one of our guards? We have JD, JQ, Shack, Burnett, Ellis, and Primo who will all want big minutes. Someone in that group won’t be getting the minutes they want. Unless Primo is going to play the 4

You don’t think it would be one of our guards? We have JD, JQ, Shack, Burnett, Ellis, and Primo who will all want big minutes. Someone in that group won’t be getting the minutes they want. Unless Primo is going to play the 4
While I would hate for Miles to leave it may actually serve him better to do so. Given Bama's guard depth and Oats' ability to recruit it good be another year or two before he gets the chance to really shine. He is always looking to score so it wouldn't surprise me if he went to a Dayton, Toledo, etc and led the conference in points.

Who else do you think leaves if we add Gurley? Rojas and then someone else has to
Not sure. I said I would pick KAH a week ago if I had too, but I wouldn't rule out someone asking for their release in this current class either. That's always a possibility too. Never know anymore.

That's actually perfect for the 123 position...a starter and backup...if we play 40 minutes on offense and defense the way we should they will not want anyone minutes.. They'll be tired

While I would hate for Miles to leave it may actually serve him better to do so. Given Bama's guard depth and Oats' ability to recruit it good be another year or two before he gets the chance to really shine. He is always looking to score so it wouldn't surprise me if he went to a Dayton, Toledo, etc and led the conference in points.
Damn I would hate to lose Miles. So much potential.

The way that JD and JQ can finish, I could actually see JD, JQ, Shack, Primo and Gary on the floor playing small ball. Gary plays tall anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bet9 and terp john
Shack is not a fast twitch muscle guy like many on the team, he doesn't have quick feet or burner speed, or necessarily a great handle, but he is a heart & effort type of guy. You need a guy on your team like that to keep the other guys grounded.

I wouldn't say he goes and I believe Shack would be a perfect change of pace with 3-pointers and determined drives after the other guys have run down and worn the opposing players silly. Tough decisions for everyone.

Or start him sorta like this year then torque it up another notch when you bring the heat & intensity even more with the gazelles.

He's one of the best at getting to rim and finishing. I hope he doesn't go anywhere until he graduates.

I just think Oats really runs positionless ball more or less. He’d rather have more guards than bigs. And if a guard is asked to move on I don’t think it would be shack. Also, I’m by no means an expert or insider. Just my opinion.

Feel like he might be a surprise transfer. We are loaded at guard now with Burnett coming onboard. I like shack, but I believe athletically he has the lowest ceiling of all of our guards. I just don’t see him becoming anything more than what he currently is, a volume scorer who is just ok on defense.
I would much rather have Shack than Burnett so if true this was a serious mistake...

I really doubt that CNO would've pursued Shack so much if he knew that he would be leaving early or that he would put him in a situation where he might leave early.

Harper, you mention the possibility of one of the signees asking to be released from LOI. I have heard this about Wilson. Not sure if he is asking or we are encouraging. Any truth to this?

Shack is not a fast twitch muscle guy like many on the team, he doesn't have quick feet or burner speed, or necessarily a great handle, but he is a heart & effort type of guy. You need a guy on your team like that to keep the other guys grounded.

I wouldn't say he goes and I believe Shack would be a perfect change of pace with 3-pointers and determined drives after the other guys have run down and worn the opposing players silly. Tough decisions for everyone.

Or start him sorta like this year then torque it up another notch when you bring the heat & intensity even more with the gazelles.
This!

Reactions: EugDan
He's one of the best at getting to rim and finishing. I hope he doesn't go anywhere until he graduates.
Being one of the best, on our very good 20-21 team, at getting to the rim just doesn’t mean much. That is a team that struggled miserably at finishing in lane. The smallest guy on team, Quinerly, was the best and it’s ridiculous to have a 6ft’er as your best rim finisher.
I do hope Shack stays, but think he’s a microwave scorer that should come off bench bc he is a def liability. He’s heavy footed, probably even struggles to dunk it, and his “rim finishing” consist of a low percentage floater...

Shack has really grown on me this year. He will only get better with more experience. I thought he had his worst game at the wrong time this year against UCLA, but I think a lot of that was emotions playing against his hometown team. He just looked like he was pressing in that game. In other big games Shack came up big and is a proven asset.

“Shackelford has scored 927 points over the past two seasons, which is more than any other SEC player. He will likely be named to the preseason All-SEC first-team with national recognition on the horizon.” - Tony Tsoukalas

This upcoming team will be Shack’s squad and he has a chance to set records as an all time Bama great at his current pace.

“Shackelford has scored 927 points over the past two seasons, which is more than any other SEC player. He will likely be named to the preseason All-SEC first-team with national recognition on the horizon.” - Tony Tsoukalas

This upcoming team will be Shack’s squad and he has a chance to set records as an all time Bama great at his current pace.
Great post

All you people saying no way Shack is transferring, please tell me who is leaving to make room for Gurley. I don’t want Shack to leave, but at least one of JD, JQ, Ellis, Primo, Shack, and Burnett won’t be getting the minutes they want. Too many mouths to feed.

All you people saying no way Shack is transferring, please tell me who is leaving to make room for Gurley. I don’t want Shack to leave, but at least one of JD, JQ, Ellis, Primo, Shack, and Burnett won’t be getting the minutes they want. Too many mouths to feed.
Ellis and Primo has the height and ability to play the 3. If we were to bet on one of them leaving, I would hedge my bet on the one who already quit on a team before.

Ellis and Primo has the height and ability to play the 3. If we were to bet on one of them leaving, I would hedge my bet on the one who already quit on a team before
Who quit on a team before? Ellis was in Juco so I wouldn’t call that quitting. I may be missing something so if so please enlighten me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT