ADVERTISEMENT

Tua

bigwillt95

All American
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2002
I know many want to attribute Tua struggles last night and his cool down over the last few games to play calling and injuries. The truth of the matter is Tua struggle lands at his feet, not anyone else. One of the reasons Tua was so good at the beginning of the year compared to later has to do with the fact that he is really good at looking at a D and determining where he wanted to go with the ball pre-sap. LSU was the first team to pick up on this tendency and exploit it, they got one INT off him and almost had a couple more because the showed him one thing and switched it after the snap. Honestly this had to be expected, I said during his hot streak that no one goes a whole season playing at the out of this world level he was playing at, no one. These DC make millions of dollars and are some of the best in the business, they were going to come up with a way to slow him down.

Against teams that can't get pressure on him, he can carve up because he process the field so much faster that most QBs this young. The problem is that he has NO sense of time back there in the pocket. Either he trust his OL to protect him all day or that his WRs will eventually get open, but he will hold on to that ball forever trying to make a play down the field. He will also throw up some passes that he shouldn't because more often than not they have worked out for him. These are the two things he has to work on before becoming the #1 pick in the 2020 NFL draft. He has to learn, and so do some of Bama fans, that the defense win sometimes. They call the right play, the cover things well, they execute better than the O on some plays. Get rid of the ball and get them on the next play, but you can't hold the ball forever or run around in circles and allow them to get shots on you.

When Tua is going and this O is clicking, he is by far on of the best I have ever seen at Alabama. Knowing his drive to be great, some of these things he will get corrected. The only thing I fear that he will continue to do is try to make every single play, it seems to be in his DNA to think he can turn any play into a great play. It part of what makes him great, but will also be part of the reason it is important to have a quality backup behind him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News