ADVERTISEMENT

Two potential transfers to watch

I want brown just so I don’t have to witness Him beat our ass again

Regardless, if we can land 2 guys out of the portal of this nature we have a great looking roster next year, as long as we don’t have any unexpected exits/injuries.

Is the Ohio guy a PG? I feel like the one glaring need is going to be another PG

Kobe Brown (Huntsville native) at Missouri and Mark Sears (Muscle Shoals native) at Ohio are two guys I would keep an eye on if they enter the portal. With Cuonzo getting fired, I think Kobe will enter the portal. Sears has been awesome for Ohio and would be a great fit at Alabama.
I mentioned Sears earlier in the season as I stumbled upon the good season he was having. I live in the Shoals area and I don't remember the kid's name getting mentioned a whole lot before he left for Prep School. If you'll check out the nation's leading scorers you'll find plenty of upper class guards for small schools that might be transfer material.

Reactions: AnInterestedParty
I watched Sears in high school. Wish he would have stayed at Muscle Shoals for his senior season. They would have had a chance to compete in 6a that year with him.

Reactions: bet9
Kobe Brown (Huntsville native) at Missouri and Mark Sears (Muscle Shoals native) at Ohio are two guys I would keep an eye on if they enter the portal. With Cuonzo getting fired, I think Kobe will enter the portal. Sears has been awesome for Ohio and would be a great fit at Alabama.
i played high school bball with sears uncle at russellville. wayne sears could jump out of the gym. he played college at northeast mississippi.

Last edited:
i played high school bball with sears uncle at russellville. wayne sears could jump out of the gym. he played college at northeast mississippi.
sears is from an athletic family. one of his first cousins played linebacker at auburn and another one played tackle at tennessee and tampa bay bucs. his dad played football at una.

Last edited:
What would make a big guy like Brown want to come to Bama and not go to Auburn?

brown is good and will do great at bama if that happens. it doesn’t change what i said.
The use of the portal to solidify your roster is brand new. It’s not like you are basing that off a 15 year history. He definitely did great in the portal last year. Bama’s big portal guy tore his acl preseason so didn’t get to see how that one worked out.. a lot of the top teams have key players that were transfers. It’s definitely become a major factor in roster management

The use of the portal to solidify your roster is brand new. It’s not like you are basing that off a 15 year history. He definitely did great in the portal last year. Bama’s big portal guy tore his acl preseason so didn’t get to see how that one worked out.. a lot of the top teams have key players that were transfers. It’s definitely become a major factor in roster management
bruce has a lot to pitch any player in the portal. he’s going to pick and choose who he wants.
i don’t think he can do that from high school, but from the portal he can point to extreme development.

tevin brown is likely to end up at AU as is Julian Phillips or Yohan Traore. good chance at all three.
Won’t land all 3. Traore was a given once Wade got fired. Phillips won’t go to Auburn. Tevin Brown has wanted to go to Auburn for a few years, but he’s old. He will transfer there if he decides to

Reactions: AnInterestedParty
This is going to sound racist to some of our more liberal lightheaded members but I would like to see a little yeng and yang in our lineup. I would love for us to get a couple of white guys who are good enough to play a lot and contribute more than just being on our practice squad. Three mid major white guys who impressed me this season were Baylor Scheierman/ SD State, Grant Nelson and Sam Griesel/ ND State. I doubt if any of those guys are hitting the portal but it seems like the only white guys we get are the ones who in a blowout get ridiculously cheered for chunking up a 40 foot 3 at the buzzer. Good players are good players regardless of color…I know that and I love all of our players of all color. But in basketball we have had a really dry run of white guys since some of our most successful Wimp Sanderson teams…maybe that’ll change.

This is going to sound racist to some of our more liberal lightheaded members but I would like to see a little yeng and yang in our lineup. I would love for us to get a couple of white guys who are good enough to play a lot and contribute more than just being on our practice squad. Three mid major white guys who impressed me this season were Baylor Scheierman/ SD State, Grant Nelson and Sam Griesel/ ND State. I doubt if any of those guys are hitting the portal but it seems like the only white guys we get are the ones who in a blowout get ridiculously cheered for chunking up a 40 foot 3 at the buzzer. Good players are good players regardless of color…I know that and I love all of our players of all color. But in basketball we have had a really dry run of white guys since some of our most successful Wimp Sanderson teams…maybe that’ll change.
Hope you’ve enjoyed your time around here.

Won’t land all 3. Traore was a given once Wade got fired. Phillips won’t go to Auburn. Tevin Brown has wanted to go to Auburn for a few years, but he’s old. He will transfer there if he decides to
maybe, maybe not. right now it’s more likely than not, however. talk to some national analysts. :)

Not liberal but I don’t understand this.

Not liberal but I don’t understand this.
The Post indicates that it would be nice to recruit some White Basketball players that are actually good enough to get some playing time other than clean-up time when the game is loss or a blow out.

I do not see the post as being racial and is no different when Bama had all white teams and the question was could we recruit players of color that where better and more productive.

And before someone wants to start this black and white racial stuff, some of the best people I know in the world or Black and some of the worst are White and vice versus and for the record if the best players Bama has are Black that is just fine with me cause Coach should play the best that can help us win.

The Post indicates that it would be nice to recruit some White Basketball players that are actually good enough to get some playing time other than clean-up time when the game is loss or a blow out.

I do not see the post as being racial and is no different when Bama had all white teams and the question was could we recruit players of color that where better and more productive.

And before someone wants to start this black and white racial stuff, some of the best people I know in the world or Black and some of the worst are White and vice versus and for the record if the best players Bama has are Black that is just fine with me cause Coach should play the best that can help us win.
bottom line is lets get whoever can play.

Some stretch 4s and 5s are needed for oats system and there are a lot white guys that fit that mold.. I don’t think we need white guys just bc they are white though lol.

I don't know how to respectfully respond to this, so I'll just say WOW.

“The post indicates it would be nice to recruit some white basketball players…”

“I don’t see the post as being racial…”

not quite sure what to do with that

maybe, maybe not. right now it’s more likely than not, however. talk to some national analysts. :)
I do on a daily basis actually. From talking to them and my own intel, it's more likely than not they'll land 2 of those 3. Still a really good haul considering their current recruiting class.

Reactions: onebamamaniax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT