ADVERTISEMENT

Two potential transfers to watch

This is going to sound racist to some of our more liberal lightheaded members but I would like to see a little yeng and yang in our lineup. I would love for us to get a couple of white guys who are good enough to play a lot and contribute more than just being on our practice squad. Three mid major white guys who impressed me this season were Baylor Scheierman/ SD State, Grant Nelson and Sam Griesel/ ND State. I doubt if any of those guys are hitting the portal but it seems like the only white guys we get are the ones who in a blowout get ridiculously cheered for chunking up a 40 foot 3 at the buzzer. Good players are good players regardless of color…I know that and I love all of our players of all color. But in basketball we have had a really dry run of white guys since some of our most successful Wimp Sanderson teams…maybe that’ll change.
Woof…..

bruce has a lot to pitch any player in the portal. he’s going to pick and choose who he wants.
i don’t think he can do that from high school, but from the portal he can point to extreme development.
Picks and chooses who he buys. By the way/ nice SEC tourney run by your “ team”.

Somebody get this imbecile off this site. Should be clear to everyone why he is here.

Reactions: freddieman
You could play for anyone if you were a really good player around the rim. Oats will still use the same offense but also values offensive rebounds and that's what would also bring him into the game more.
You think Oats wouldn't want him?

I do on a daily basis actually. From talking to them and my own intel, it's more likely than not they'll land 2 of those 3. Still a really good haul considering their current recruiting class.
i know right??? going to be very impressive when pearl actually gets some talent down on the plains.

At the rim, threes, free throws. Plenty of room for an efficient rim player in Oats’ system.
All Oats needs is a guy that can catch alleys and rebound. What else does a big man do? Gurley won us a game in the post. How many sets have we ran for him since?

Reactions: Raiderdub
All Oats needs is a guy that can catch alleys and rebound. What else does a big man do? Gurley won us a game in the post. How many sets have we ran for him since?
We tried twice last game and he just lost the ball out of bounds twice. Slippery hands. He’s got some good moves around the basket and decent at finding cutters but a looooot of turnovers when we have tried to play through him some. Not that everyone else doesn’t turn it over too but it’s not like going through Gurley is just automatic. He’s been as inconsistent as anyone

This is going to sound racist to some of our more liberal lightheaded members but I would like to see a little yeng and yang in our lineup. I would love for us to get a couple of white guys who are good enough to play a lot and contribute more than just being on our practice squad. Three mid major white guys who impressed me this season were Baylor Scheierman/ SD State, Grant Nelson and Sam Griesel/ ND State. I doubt if any of those guys are hitting the portal but it seems like the only white guys we get are the ones who in a blowout get ridiculously cheered for chunking up a 40 foot 3 at the buzzer. Good players are good players regardless of color…I know that and I love all of our players of all color. But in basketball we have had a really dry run of white guys since some of our most successful Wimp Sanderson teams…maybe that’ll change.
You are very correct, it indeed sounded racist af. And next time when starting that BS out you should probably replace "more liberal lightheaded members" with "socially correct Alabama fans" or "decent people" or just simply "our non racist members". I wonder what all of our players of color would think of your statement and fandom after reading it. I mean I am sure their are some really good white football players out there too but those particular black athletes on our football team get the job done and make you happy so I am sure you do not want them replaced right?

The Post indicates that it would be nice to recruit some White Basketball players that are actually good enough to get some playing time other than clean-up time when the game is loss or a blow out.

I do not see the post as being racial and is no different when Bama had all white teams and the question was could we recruit players of color that where better and more productive.

And before someone wants to start this black and white racial stuff, some of the best people I know in the world or Black and some of the worst are White and vice versus and for the record if the best players Bama has are Black that is just fine with me cause Coach should play the best that can help us win.
When Alabama had all white team is wasn't social acceptable to recruit black players or fit our backwards ass culture at the time. When you start a comment with "this is going to sound racist" its racist. So don't defend him/her. I wonder what the overwhelming majority of those good black people you know would think of his statement.

Reactions: adsmith4
Hope you’ve enjoyed your time around here.

Not liberal but I don’t understand this.

Some stretch 4s and 5s are needed for oats system and there are a lot white guys that fit that mold.. I don’t think we need white guys just bc they are white though lol.

I don't know how to respectfully respond to this, so I'll just say WOW.

“The post indicates it would be nice to recruit some white basketball players…”

“I don’t see the post as being racial…”

not quite sure what to do with that

Woof…..
Thank you all in helping me realize when I get embarrassed by some of my fellow Alabama fans that their are some socially correct ones out there as well...

Goofy take, but OK.

The Post indicates that it would be nice to recruit some White Basketball players that are actually good enough to get some playing time other than clean-up time when the game is loss or a blow out.

I do not see the post as being racial and is no different when Bama had all white teams and the question was could we recruit players of color that where better and more productive.

And before someone wants to start this black and white racial stuff, some of the best people I know in the world or Black and some of the worst are White and vice versus and for the record if the best players Bama has are Black that is just fine with me cause Coach should play the best that can help us win.
Ugh

Reactions: majorwood482
Yea …sounds pretty racist ...

Picks and chooses who he buys. By the way/ nice SEC tourney run by your “ team”.

Somebody get this imbecile off this site. Should be clear to everyone why he is here.
TIGER doesn’t bother me. Sort of to be expected. Pearl has had a lot of success getting players drafted (as have we) so I would expect his recruiting success to continue. We’ll continue to recruit well and will have continued success with Oats. Just wasn’t our year.

Yeah, to be clear, you sound like a racist piece of s***. GTFO of here with that “liberal lightheaded members” bs. I’m as conservative as they come and this post is an abomination. And people wonder why Alabama is viewed as one of the dumbest, most backward states in the country. Embarrassing.

Yeah, to be clear, you sound like a racist piece of s***. GTFO of here with that “liberal lightheaded members” bs. I’m as conservative as they come and this post is an abomination. And people wonder why Alabama is viewed as one of the dumbest, most backward states in the country. Embarrassing.
Completely agree Nova

Its just as bad as saying the next supreme court justice should be a black female.

If it’s racist, then it’s racist.

Yea …sounds pretty racist ...
It's not racist, just something that can be observed. Let's everyone see things for what they actually are. Would it seem odd if Alabama never recruited or played black players? Would it be concerning or at minimum just odd that the few black players you had on the team were only practice guys? Would it add to the oddness if the all white team at Alabama was bested by most of the teams that put on the court a more diverse team that included black players as well? Flip it and that's what reality is for our team. And has been. We flat out need better players and I don't care what that means about their color. I do know that white players often lack some athletic abilities that are hard to make up for on the basketball court. However, the ones that can play can really play and they're often GREAT shooters, which in case ya'll haven't noticed, we need.

Last edited:
Yea dudes another ignorant thinking individual who only is brave enough to bring this bullshit to the internet. F him and whoever is taking up for his statement.

Reactions: NovaTiger77
It's not racist, just something that can be observed. Let's everyone see things for what they actually are. Would it seem odd if Alabama never recruited or played black players? Would it be concerning or at minimum just odd that the few black players you had on the team were only practice guys? Would it add to the oddness if the all white team at Alabama was bested by most of the teams that put on the court a more diverse team that included black players as well? Flip it and that's what reality is for our team. And has been. We flat out need better players and I don't care what that means about their color. I do know that white players often lack some athletic abilities that are hard to make up for on the basketball court. However, the ones that can play can really play and they're often GREAT shooters, which in case ya'll haven't noticed, we need.
Its racist as fvck and youre just grouping yourself into his ignorance

We need good players. I'd totally leave race out of it save it's pretty clear there are FAR, FAR fewer good white players than black. Not racial. Just a fact anyone can verify. Which makes the idea of wanting the BEST players AND saying you want more white guys pretty off the mark.

Reactions: jtr4dad
We need good players. I'd totally leave race out of it save it's pretty clear there are FAR, FAR fewer good white players than black. Not racial. Just a fact anyone can verify. Which makes the idea of wanting the BEST players AND saying you want more white guys pretty off the mark.
If there was ever a statement that missed the mark entirely and IS the problem it's this. This thought pattern would indicate that we don't look for the best players because we already know they're certainly not white. Josh Magette was pretty good. So you know him? Probably not. He's just an NBA guy that played at uah. Not Bama material. Oh. The Davidson team says hello. I'm sure they feel really lucky since they are naturally bad at basketball. Some Ryan guy for notre dame. How the hell could he go for 29 in a high level ncaa tourney game? Disappointing take.

I'm not saying the cupboard is full of great white basketball players. I am saying our outside shooting lacks consistency. And I'm definitely saying there are white guys that can do it. They don't dunk. They SHOOT.

Last edited:
I don't believe he's ignorant. I don't think you are. Just too quick to use that word. Seen this movie before. Too many times. Find us some shooters MW482.
Might be a stand up citizen but his social views are very ignorant. And if hes big enough to stand behind an ignorant statement....well if the shoe fits wear it

Might be a stand up citizen but his social views are very ignorant. And if hes big enough to stand behind an ignorant statement....well if the shoe fits wear it
I can understand your thinking and respect it. I want others to do the same for his. His view is almost exactly the same as those lobbying for more black head coaches. No one is discriminating against black coaches just because there's not as many. Same as no one is discriminating against white basketball players. I'm simply saying that while they can't jump, they can usually fvckin shoot and play fundamental basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: StablerCountry
T I G E R - maybe a few portal players can get your sweaty show-cause coach to represent the SEC with some decency instead getting run out in the 2nd round to a JV team that Bama beat by 32 this season. Oh yeah and NM State had you beaten in Round 1 your final four year - you used up all the voodoo and luck you had for a decade there. Pearl won't make it through the 4-5 years of probation without getting caught. He can't help himself. Nice to pin it all on Chuck Person though this past time.

Kobe Brown would be an awesome addition. Go get him. Don't know about the other guy but trust Oats. With the 5-man class we've already established (# 3 class nationally), can't wait to see the full roster take shape. Probably will go into the summer before we fully know what we've got but I believe Oats will get us right back to the tournament and in much better shape 2022-2023.

Hayden Brown graduate transfer from The Citadel. 6’5” 225 3/4 All Southern Conference 2 past 2 seasons average 18.8/9.5/2.3 n 2021/2022. Super smart academically…hope we give him a look.

T I G E R - maybe a few portal players can get your sweaty show-cause coach to represent the SEC with some decency instead getting run out in the 2nd round to a JV team that Bama beat by 32 this season. Oh yeah and NM State had you beaten in Round 1 your final four year - you used up all the voodoo and luck you had for a decade there. Pearl won't make it through the 4-5 years of probation without getting caught. He can't help himself. Nice to pin it all on Chuck Person though this past time.

Kobe Brown would be an awesome addition. Go get him. Don't know about the other guy but trust Oats. With the 5-man class we've already established (# 3 class nationally), can't wait to see the full roster take shape. Probably will go into the summer before we fully know what we've got but I believe Oats will get us right back to the tournament and in much better shape 2022-2023.
i don’t think you want to get into comparing roster talent.

We just had Riley Norris for like 6 years. It's not even a correct observation.

I can understand your thinking and respect it. I want others to do the same for his. His view is almost exactly the same as those lobbying for more black head coaches. No one is discriminating against black coaches just because there's not as many. Same as no one is discriminating against white basketball players. I'm simply saying that while they can't jump, they can usually fvckin shoot and play fundamental basketball.
Not always. There are some good white players. But the reason we don't see a lot in college basketball is they are not plentiful. We have had a few spot players over the years at Bama that played well, when in, like Riley Norris. But they are few and far between.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT