ADVERTISEMENT

What is Alabama's biggest vulnerability right now?

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
We asked what Alabama’s biggest weakness was at the beginning of the season, but the question is worth revisiting now that we are four weeks in.

Before the season, BamaInsider’s Kyle Henderson mentioned depth at quarterback being a key concern, while Tony Tsoukalas brought up the team’s inexperience at inside linebacker. Now that we’ve got a better look at the Crimson Tide, those evaluations have changed a bit.

Today's question — What is Alabama's biggest vulnerability right now?

Kyle Henderson:
Currently, it has to be the freshmen who are starting on the defensive side of the football. While Nick Saban continues to be pleased with his two freshmen inside linebackers, the truth is Alabama has not been tested this season. The big test could come in a few weeks when the Crimson Tide faces Texas A&M quarterback Kellen Mond who ran all over Alabama last season.

Tony Tsoukalas: I’m tempted to stay with my original pick of inexperience at linebacker, but Shane Lee and Christian Harris seem to be progressing and should only get better as the season progresses. To me, the biggest vulnerability comes in the inconsistency of the running game. Things looked better last week, and it won’t matter too much against a poor Ole Miss defense this week. However, Alabama can’t afford to be one-dimensional against the better teams on its schedule. The good news is the bye week comes at a good time for Alabama to sort things out moving forward.

What's your take?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News