ADVERTISEMENT

Where things stand as of January 5

kyle h

All American
Staff
Feb 3, 2005
Hello everyone,

I know you are seeking a lot of updates to some of the information I have posted or you have read outside of the site. I wanted to organize that into one place.

Let's start with juniors who are staying or forgoing their senior year to enter the 2020 draft

As you just read, Xavier McKinney announced he's the next in line to enter the draft. I was a little bit on the fence about him, but when you look at his body of work at Alabama and see what he's had 175 total tackles in three seasons, what can you expect?

Alabama junior tracker as of January 5

Leaving
Jerry Jeudy
Jedrick Wills Jr.
Terrell Lewis
Xavier McKinney

Returning
Dylan Moses
Alex Leatherwood

Unannounced

New update on Tua - Sunday at 8:00 p.m. CT

Tua Tagovailoa - Expected to announce tomorrow. I heard before the Citrus Bowl he was leaning to staying, but him and his family met with doctors on Friday and with all these other juniors now declaring it seems like the tea leaves could indicate that he's going to enter the draft as well. I'm not going to make a prediction or anything like that, but I am less confident today he stays.

Najee Harris - Fully expect him to enter the draft.

Henry Ruggs III - I had heard before the Citrus Bowl he and Smith were going to return. I think a lot of people heard that, but that ambiguous Instagram post reads to me he has decided to enter the draft. That along the him signing with an agent. Him staying is much more shocking than him returning. I mean the guy will shine at the combine with a 4.2 40-time and a 10-foot broad.

DeVonta Smith - Still feel confident he's staying for his senior season.

Landon Dickerson - He's a guy I am confident will return, but I wanted to add him because he could definitely get a NFL draft grade.

Assistant coaches

No real updates here from what I posted about regarding Pete Golding and Brian Baker. I was told by a great source to not expect those two returning. I know Golding did not return on the same flight with the team, but a lot of coaches, players, etc. stayed to enjoy Orlando with their families. I mean, I flew home on the same plane as Brian Robinson back to Birmingham the other night.

Regarding Bo Davis, the timing of this could take a while. All I know right now is that Nick Saban really wants Davis back in Tuscaloosa.

I always post these things are fluid because things change quickly. I mean, look at the Alabama football domino tweet, I think they felt very strongly about all those juniors returning and as you can see, the allure of being drafted has out-weighed returning to chase another natty.

On Bryce Young

Young, who is scheduled to enroll in Alabama this semester, earned MVP honors of the All-American game on Saturday in San Antonio. He was 6 of 9 passing for 164-yards with two touchdowns.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News