ADVERTISEMENT

Who is Alabama’s Greatest All Time…

uagolffan

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2017
Men’s Basketball Player? In my opinion it is Derrick McKey…what say you and why?

I think Derrick McKey is a good answer. Robert Horry is a good answer too. The most talented player I have ever, personally, watched at Bama is Sexton. Alvin Lee is my favorite.

Last edited:
As far as the career at Bama only (no NBA)...hands down Derrick McKey. He could do it all and no team in the SEC had an answer for a 6-9 player with so much versatility (dribbling, shooting from the inside and outside, rebounding, defending, etc.). If he hadn't screwed up and let that agent basically trick him into signing then he would have returned for his senior year and been virtually unstoppable much like he was his junior season.

Last edited:
Antonio McDyess, Derrick McKey, Mo Williams and Herb Jones. Criminally speaking it has to be Jim Farmer 😂

Reactions: uagolffan
I think Rod Grizzard was the most athletic freak I've ever seen at Bama and Kennedy Winston had the most potential that was wasted. Dont know about the best but ny favorite player to watch at Bama was Jamario Davidson and Jamicheal Green.

Reactions: uagolffan
I think Rod Grizzard was the most athletic freak I've ever seen at Bama and Kennedy Winston had the most potential that was wasted. Dont know about the best but ny favorite player to watch at Bama was Jamario Davidson and Jamicheal Green.
I think Senario Hillman and Tony Mitchell are the most freakish athletes that I’ve been play at Bama.

Reactions: jmillerbama
I think Rod Grizzard was the most athletic freak I've ever seen at Bama
I love what Rod Grizzard brought to the table. But to this day he's still my poster child for Bama players who made the biggest mistake leaving early. He was a 6-8 kid who could dribble, pass, rebound, defend and shoot (3-4 ft outside of the three-point line) but he wasn't consistent enough with his play. If he had returned for his senior season and refined his game then I think he could have been a high draft pick. Although he was drafted in the second round after his junior season Grizzard never played a game in the NBA.

Reactions: jmillerbama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT