ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ With Michigan about to fire Howard, how high on the list will Oats be?

G.O.A.T-23

All American
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2019
Because with a 14-11 record, I don't see Howard surviving this...

No excuse for Howard to act like this! Michigan thinks they are head and shoulders above all schools! Now we’ll see how they handle this. I would think multiple suspensions will be put on some of the Michigan and Wisconsin players. Very bad look for Michigan!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Internet tough guy the first to chime in and didn't even address what the thread is about. Go figure...
My entire comment was sarcastic/tongue in cheek. The whole situation was ridiculous and guys that size should be especially reluctant to throw a punch at anyone with the damage they can do to someone.

Reactions: bet9 and G.O.A.T-23
No excuse for Howard to act like this! Michigan thinks they are head and shoulders above all schools! Now we’ll see how they handle this. I would think multiple suspensions will be put on some of the Michigan and Wisconsin players. Very bad look for Michigan!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
I think they have to fire him. I was watching the game when it happened and I completely understand why he was upset. He initially tried to just say his peace and keep moving but the Wisconsin coach jumped in front of him and got into his face. I think the Wisconsin coach needs to be suspended but Howard has to be let go. He's the leader of young men and has to control his anger better than that.

Howard needs to go ahead and reserve a U-Haul truck or two. As for Oats breaking camp for Michigan, would he actually be an upgrade from Howard?

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
I don’t see him getting fired. Whether he does or not, Oats isn’t going anywhere.
This is his second confrontation in two years! He is the leader and must show some restraint in a trying situation. He obviously did not learn from last year. Last year they thought that they could win the National Championship this year it looks like they don’t make the tournament.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Care to elaborate??
No need to elaborate.....Just look around and see the double standards that are applied when it comes to bad behavior, people saying or tweeting racist things, etc.....BTW this is not Howard’s first rodeo at Michigan when it comes to confrontations with opposing head coaches

This is his second confrontation in two years! He is the leader and must show some restraint in a trying situation. He obviously did not learn from last year. Last year they thought that they could win the National Championship this year it looks like they don’t make the tournament.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!
I am sorry, but there is no way UM can justify keeping him at this point. He torpedoed his last slim chance at his press conference. He should have been very apologetic, and stated that despite his reasonings, he should not have allowed his emotions to get the best of him, and that his response was totally uncalled for. I apologize to the Wisconsin staff and team, and also to my staff, players, and the University of Michigan that has always been so good and supportive of me. I hope everyone can find it in their hearts to forgive me, and give me the opportunity to prove to them this is really not who I am. I will seek counseling to help me control my emotions in the future.

I do think the Wisconsin coach needs to face some kind of discipline for not helping de escalate the confrontation.

Reactions: Sheerperfection
He will get a pass in today’s climate for obvious reasons.

No need to elaborate.....Just look around and see the double standards that are applied when it comes to bad behavior, people saying or tweeting racist things, etc.....BTW this is not Howard’s first rodeo at Michigan when it comes to confrontations with opposing head coaches

Take this ignorant shit somewhere else.

I am sorry, but there is no way UM can justify keeping him at this point. He torpedoed his last slim chance at his press conference. He should have been very apologetic, and stated that despite his reasonings, he should not have allowed his emotions to get the best of him, and that his response was totally uncalled for. I apologize to the Wisconsin staff and team, and also to my staff, players, and the University of Michigan that has always been so good and supportive of me. I hope everyone can find it in their hearts to forgive me, and give me the opportunity to prove to them this is really not who I am. I will seek counseling to help me control my emotions in the future.

I do think the Wisconsin coach needs to face some kind of discipline for not helping de escalate the confrontation.
Not helping de-escalate? He started it by grabbing Howard as Howard was walking by. he started the whole thing, had he just let Howard keep moving like he was trying to do, none of this happens. He should get suspended and Howard likely fired.

Reactions: michael1965
Before we all get into a dither and point fingers and get all confrontational, let’s sit back and see how this plays out!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Not helping de-escalate? He started it by grabbing Howard as Howard was walking by. he started the whole thing, had he just let Howard keep moving like he was trying to do, none of this happens. He should get suspended and Howard likely fired.
Sorry you didn’t care for my wording. They were jawing at each other, aka, regardless, Bard did nothing to help the issue, not sure who starting what, but that is immaterial imop, and Bard should face some sort of discipline for his actions, aka suspension. It is the same thing you said. You could argue with a mirror.

Reactions: onebamamaniax
Sorry you didn’t care for my wording. They were jawing at each other, aka, regardless, Bard did nothing to help the issue, not sure who starting what, but that is immaterial imop, and Bard should face some sort of discipline for his actions, aka suspension. It is the same thing you said. You could argue with a mirror.
No, there is a BIG difference in saying he should get suspended for not de-escalating it and he should be suspended for being the one to actually escalate the thing. I was watching live and Howard was going to walk past him and not shake his hand and the Wisky coach grabbed him, jumped in front of him to start arguing. If the little fat dude just keep walking none of this happens. The way you put it absolve him of the responsibility of starting this whole thing.

Howard clearly wanted to keep moving but the little fat guy grabs him and jumps in his face. Howard clearly tells him "don't f'ing touch me"

What is 34 yelling at the end? Something about being the varsity?

re-read. He is speaking about the Asst Coach at Wisconsin that escalated it after the HCs were separated. That Asst Coach should be disciplined.

No, there is a BIG difference in saying he should get suspended for not de-escalating it and he should be suspended for being the one to actually escalate the thing. I was watching live and Howard was going to walk past him and not shake his hand and the Wisky coach grabbed him, jumped in front of him to start arguing. If the little fat dude just keep walking none of this happens. The way you put it absolve him of the responsibility of starting this whole thing.
I always love the But excuse….if that dude keeps walking.

One can always control one’s actions. Neither coach did.

Reactions: therealsquid
I always love the But excuse….if that dude keeps walking.

One can always control one’s actions. Neither coach did.
There is no BUT and no excuses. I said both should be disciplined, Howard likely fired and Gard suspended. Gard had no right to put his hands on Howard first and that is was escalated the situation.

The only thing good that can come of this would be to let Howard go and Caleb Houston wants to transfer to Bama.
OP, you need to chill pal.

Reactions: tomg505
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT