ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ With Michigan about to fire Howard, how high on the list will Oats be?

There is no BUT and no excuses. I said both should be disciplined, Howard likely fired and Gard suspended. Gard had no right to put his hands on Howard first and that is was escalated the situation.
And Howard could have ignored

We can always control our actions. Ask yourself, who looks worse today? Just walk away and be the bigger person

And Howard could have ignored

We can always control our actions. Ask yourself, who looks worse today? Just walk away and be the bigger person
Obviously, I think Howard looks worse or I wouldn't have said he might get fired and Gard gets suspended. He did try to walk away but Gard put his hands on him, stopped him, and them got in front of him. Which is why I stated Gard is responsible for starting the altercation.

Reactions: anon_z8qxv7qt5719f
Howard should have been fired before the sun set yesterday. Nothing in the confrontation gives him a free pass on the punch.
Millionaire grown adult head coach swinging a fist with pure anger and hate in his eyes. No excuse for that kind of behavior. Many many others would have already been fired. He will get a free pass because of who he is.

No need to elaborate.....Just look around and see the double standards that are applied when it comes to bad behavior, people saying or tweeting racist things, etc.....BTW this is not Howard’s first rodeo at Michigan when it comes to confrontations with opposing head coaches

Smh...good lord its amazing how confident the last president has made ppl to make these kinds of ignorant statements.

I guess we don't have to worry about losing Oats now.

denzel-relieved.gif

Reactions: AnInterestedParty
He should have been fired yet he receives a slap on the wrist. That speaks volumes for itself.
Nah, the more I looked at it the more I felt that a suspension was warranted. Mark Few gets a DUI and serves a one-game suspension. He was in the wrong; he needs to get help controlling his emotion, and none of this happens if Gard doesn't think he can just grab a grown man and get in his face like Howard was one of his players.

I live in Michigan and their are guys calling in on the local sports radio shows literally saying this on the radio. Straight up saying nothing will happen because hes black because of the "climate". Makes my blood boil...
He got a 2 week vacation for assaulting someone.

Reactions: Codie B
I heard on sports radio last night that Howard was also fined $40k and Gard was fined $10k with no suspension.

Nah, the more I looked at it the more I felt that a suspension was warranted. Mark Few gets a DUI and serves a one-game suspension. He was in the wrong; he needs to get help controlling his emotion, and none of this happens if Gard doesn't think he can just grab a grown man and get in his face like Howard was ing

Swinging and making contact in his position as a head coach does warrant automatic termination. He is getting a free pass just because of who he is.
People can make any excuse they want for him, but he is as guilty as OJ.

I think they have to fire him. I was watching the game when it happened and I completely understand why he was upset. He initially tried to just say his peace and keep moving but the Wisconsin coach jumped in front of him and got into his face. I think the Wisconsin coach needs to be suspended but Howard has to be let go. He's the leader of young men and has to control his anger better than that.
Didn't see it live.
What was he upset about?

Didn't see it live.
What was he upset about?
Howard was upset because Wisconsin called a timeout with 15 seconds left and a 15 point lead. Gard was upset because Howard was using a full-court press with 15 seconds left. Gard put his hand in Howard's chest to impede his walking past during the post-game handshake and Howard took offense. A petty squabble that led to dire consequences for Howard.

Swinging and making contact in his position as a head coach does warrant automatic termination. He is getting a free pass just because of who he is.

color should not matter. Wrong is wrong

one call always control their actions or deal with the consequences

Pete Golding comes to mind…

Reactions: Codie B
No it doesn't warrant automatic termination IMO. He is being suspended for the rest of the season which I think is more than fair. No one is arguing his innocence; we all saw the video so the whole OJ comparison makes zero sense.

Gard should have gotten 2 games for his role in starting that whole thing. Just fining him 10k is the real joke here.

No it doesn't warrant automatic termination IMO. He is being suspended for the rest of the season which I think is more than fair. No one is arguing his innocence; we all saw the video so the whole OJ comparison makes zero sense.

You may be right. Just appears to me he gets a pass because of his Fab Five days. I would bet 8 of 10 anywhere else would have been fired. I think he has anger issues. Has happened too many times already.

You may be right. Just appears to me he gets a pass because of his Fab Five days. I would bet 8 of 10 anywhere else would have been fired. I think he has anger issues. Has happened too many times already.
It's happened one other time against Maryland and even then you heard the announcers say that this was uncharacteristic of Howard. He's always been a pretty easy-going guy, even when he played.

That said, this is his second altercation in two years. I don't think it has as much to do with him being a part of the Fab Five as it does that he was the AP Coach of the Year last year. If Michigan were looking to get rid of him, they would have used this to do it.

I don't see CNO leaving. He'll stay for the same reason he came.
Real talk, the buyout added to his contract when he signed last year will have a bigger roll in it than anything. I don't see JH going anywhere anytime soon, but if Michigan set their sights on Oats and was willing to pay that buyout, I think Oats would take the job. Michigan basketball is just a better job and he's a mid-west guy anyway.

Reactions: adsmith4
He punched the wrong coach in my opinion. Soon as the coach put his hands on him, he should of crushed him. Both should fined and suspended the same.

The guy made over $100,000,000 million dollars in his NBA career so a $40,000 fine is a drop in the bucket.
What he made in the NBA has no bearing on his fine and shouldn't have any bearing on it. Howard was fine 40k which is the largest fine in Big 10 history. Should they have fine him 400k because he has a net worth of 80 million? The fact that he is likely the most wealthiest coach in any sport has nothing to do with his job now as a CBB coach.

Real talk, the buyout added to his contract when he signed last year will have a bigger roll in it than anything. I don't see JH going anywhere anytime soon, but if Michigan set their sights on Oats and was willing to pay that buyout, I think Oats would take the job. Michigan basketball is just a better job and he's a mid-west guy anyway.
Agree that Michigan is a better job, which is why I don't even think Oats will be high on their list. I like Oats and still believe he is building something special here, but I don't think he's proven enough to warrant a job like Michigan. IMO if they were to fire Howard, and Oats ended up there, it would mean they swung and missed on a few other candidates.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT