ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Transfer Mohamed Wague To Visit Alabama

I'm here to cheer on our basketball team and hope it does well. You're only here to tell us all how terrible everything is. My sibling was on full scholarship and was told her summer requirements were to get a job using her skills. I live in America where that's a good thing. You're saying that's a bad thing. Well it's not changing, so just go away if the only thing you can do is complain
These kids are being paid for doing NOTHING. They are being paid just to sign with a school/ months before they ever set foot on campus.
Legit jobs are fine/ not the bogus crap that is going on now.
And yes/ it went off the rails with football and basketball.

These kids are being paid for doing NOTHING. They are being paid just to sign with a school/ months before they ever set foot on campus.
I agree it bothers me to. I think the UCAA should take away restrictions on the number of practices that a ambitious coach can have. Put them to work as soon as they get on campus.

Ok. Are you going to watch our basketball team and cheer it on next year? If yes, great stop complaining. If no, why are you here?

l'll just say that alot of people in leadership roles are concerned about the state of college athletics. Coach Saban made a trip to D.C. to try to get some changes made. l do think some type of rules have to be made and somebody has to have the power to enforce those rules, but l don't have any answers as to how it can be handled.

Reactions: Codie B
My original post asked harper how many years of eligibility he had, and you had a problem with that.....
Sorry if I sounded like a smarta$$. Wasn't my intent @winin11 . It wasn't that long ago it meant a good deal to me when a kid had 3 years to play two. It was a sign that a kid could be utilized to build the future of the program. But now?

Reactions: lainey2020
Ok. Are you going to watch our basketball team and cheer it on next year? If yes, great stop complaining. If no, why are you here?
Not here to pick a side but I will add that my frustration with NIL/portal is that it kills a huge % of fandom which comes from off season anticipation. Having Oats is huge IMO because I believe he has the ability to take 8 new kids every year and go get 22 wins. However, if you're a basketball fan can you really get excited outside of Nov-March?

Reactions: bet9
Not here to pick a side but I will add that my frustration with NIL/portal is that it kills a huge % of fandom which comes from off season anticipation. Having Oats is huge IMO because I believe he has the ability to take 8 new kids every year and go get 22 wins. However, if you're a basketball fan can you really get excited outside of Nov-March?

Sure. I get that, it's a change and it'll take some getting used to. People used to think that allowing freshman to play football would ruin the sport. In reality we just need to let things play out, and if you're done then be done and move on

Saying you are not a fan of the current status of something doesn’t mean you don’t love it. I am not a fan of the current status of this country. Current economic status is not good, 200% inflation over the past 2 years and political parties and their agendas have caused the greatest division between people in this country in my 60 plus years. But I still love my country.

Not saying one option is right and the other is wrong, just saying we all need to show one another a little bit more respect. And yes this includes me too.

6’10 225 lb F/C Mohamed Wague will be visiting Alabama this weekend per sources.

He’s a great athlete who was a first team All-American in JUCO and led the country in rebounds and blocked shots.

He would be a great depth piece in the front court who could carve out a role as a backup center
i think these guys are leaning to kansas state.

Yes sir it takes a little getting used to learning who all the players are and what their abilities are every year. l THINK we had 4 players on last years team who played the year before and 1 that was on the team and did not play because of injuries. l think just 3 back that played last year.

l may be forgetting somebody.

Reactions: Codie B and frazor
l've got a hunch our NIL money is not all gone yet. Either that or Oates did a hell of a job of talking him out of his commitment to K State. l know Oates is a damn good recruiter, so maybe a little of both.

Roll Tide and this one is looking real positive right now.

Well with Alabama he may have more playing time than Kansas since we are weak on our front court. Playing center on a team that could go deep in the playoffs could put him in the draft.

Reactions: rsaxoniii
Well with Alabama he may have more playing time than Kansas since we are weak on our front court. Playing center on a team that could go deep in the playoffs could put him in the draft.
He was looking at K State, not the Jayhawks. But you are correct on the possible rationale: we run an NBA-style offense and Oats has a history of developing highly regarded NBA draft choices.

He was looking at K State, not the Jayhawks. But you are correct on the possible rationale: we run an NBA-style offense and Oats has a history of developing highly regarded NBA draft choices.
Yea, if you want to make it to the NBA with out waiting three year then Alabama is the place to be. Adding more NBA coaches to the staff should help in future recruiting.

Last edited:
Even if Oats can't pull it off he has already done an amazing job rebuilding the team almost from scratch. When the entire front court (except Pringle) opted out, he broke out the old Roll-decks and Beta player, reviewed some footage and made some calls.

Reactions: Codie B
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT