ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Transfer Mohamed Wague To Visit Alabama

Jordan Harper

Head Basketball Analyst
Staff
Dec 28, 2011
Florence, AL
6’10 225 lb F/C Mohamed Wague will be visiting Alabama this weekend per sources.

He’s a great athlete who was a first team All-American in JUCO and led the country in rebounds and blocked shots.

He would be a great depth piece in the front court who could carve out a role as a backup center

6’10 225 lb F/C Mohamed Wague will be visiting Alabama this weekend per sources.

He’s a great athlete who was a first team All-American in JUCO and led the country in rebounds and blocked shots.

He would be a great depth piece in the front court who could carve out a role as a backup center
He was a much better JUCO player than Pringle. I think he could be a major contributor for us.

Sadly, statements like this make me chuckle. He could have 9 years of eligibility left but he isn't going to be here longer than 6 months.
That’s one of our biggest attractions to these portal kids. If you have the skills and come to Alabama it’s a good place to jump to the NBA.

Sadly, statements like this make me chuckle. He could have 9 years of eligibility left but he isn't going to be here longer than 6 months.
You know, if we get him and he makes the NBA after one season at Bama, Im all for him.
Chuckle all you want but I don't think it's a cod lock on him doing that.
Jordan described him as carving out a role as a backup center.

Thanks Harp. l had not heard anything on this kid. We definitely need another big and if he is coming for a visit we should have a chance.

Right. The question is how many schools can he play at before he runs out of eligibility.

You know, if we get him and he makes the NBA after one season at Bama, Im all for him.
Chuckle all you want but I don't think it's a cod lock on him doing that.
Jordan described him as carving out a role as a backup center.
Never said anything about the NBA. However, between the NBA, G-league, 15 overseas leagues, and 300+ other universities the odds of him wearing Crimson more than one season is <5%. You guys do realize Oats has completly overhauled the roster in back to back seasons right? I suspect that is the norm now until proven otherwise. Bradley is already on his second school and Burnett is on his third. JQ will be on his third after he makes his choice.

Reactions: bet9 and xcop
Never said anything about the NBA. However, between the NBA, G-league, 15 overseas leagues, and 300+ other universities the odds of him wearing Crimson more than one season is <5%. You guys do realize Oats has completly overhauled the roster in back to back seasons right? I suspect that is the norm now until proven otherwise. Bradley is already on his second school and Burnett is on his third. JQ will be on his third after he makes his choice.
My original post asked harper how many years of eligibility he had, and you had a problem with that.....

Not a fan of the current state of college athletics.

Reactions: Codie B
Hey he just made a statement that I agree with. That wasn’t called for. This is a talk forum.

But he doesn't like the subject so why talk about it. If you're only on here to talk about how sports are ruined, destroyed, no longer interesting, etc then I don't understand the point of talking about or watching them

Reactions: bet9
But he doesn't like the subject so why talk about it. If you're only on here to talk about how sports are ruined, destroyed, no longer interesting, etc then I don't understand the point of talking about or watching them
It’s called an “ opinion”.

Reactions: Codie B
Then stop watching
I can assure you I am not remotely alone. I know many people canceling season tickets ( and these are long time supporters) and you want to know why?

NIL and transfer entitlement. Rarely is it the cost.

I can assure you I am not remotely alone. I know many people canceling season tickets ( and these are long time supporters) and you want to know why?

NIL and transfer entitlement. Rarely is it the cost.

And that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But it's weird to get on a site dedicated to college sports and spend all day complaining about college sports. Either stop watching/posting or stop complaining. If you're gonna watch then don't tell everyone the sports are ruined.

Reactions: btr
And that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But it's weird to get on a site dedicated to college sports and spend all day complaining about college sports. Either stop watching/posting or stop complaining. If you're gonna watch then don't tell everyone the sports are ruined.
I do not take advice or direction from you/ let’s get that out of the way first.
So stay in your lane and mind your own business. Something tells me you know I am right about a ton of this but that fact bothers you.
I will continue to give you and others “ reading material”.

I do not take advice or direction from you/ let’s get that out of the way first.
So stay in your lane and mind your own business. Something tells me you know I am right about a ton of this but that fact bothers you.
I will continue to give you and others “ reading material”.

College baseball just had the most watched championship ever, even though it was a massive blowout. No one is forcing you to watch, I'm saying that if you hate it so much you should stop watching. And if you are going to continue watching, then please stop telling everyone how you have no interest in the "ruined" sports. Being on this site seems to be bad for your mental health

But at the present time if you’re talking about how messed up college sport is then there isn’t much to talk about. But, If he’s not interested then I get your point.

This sports forum where people voice their opinions good, or bad by being a fan. If you don’t agree with someone then don’t hit the like button.

Reactions: rollem
This sports forum where people voice their opinions good, or bad by being a fan. If you don’t agree with someone then don’t hit the like button.

That's the thing, he's saying he's not a fan. He's not "being a fan", he's coming here to tell us he's not a fan. Why do that? Just go away if you aren't a fan. We're on the basketball board talking about bringing in transfers. If you hate the transfer portal (yea transfers suck, everyone hated Jameson Williams, Landon Dickerson, Jake Coker, mark sears, nimari, gurley) then you're going to hate this year's basketball team. He either hates the team and should log off, or he doesn't really hate it thay much and should stop complaining that it's "ruined". I think the latter is much more likely. If Grant Nelson becomes Brandon miller next year he'll likely be pretty excited. So let's all get together and hope our basketball team does well instead of talking about how much our players are hated because they were allowed to transfer

That's the thing, he's saying he's not a fan. He's not "being a fan", he's coming here to tell us he's not a fan. Why do that? Just go away if you aren't a fan. We're on the basketball board talking about bringing in transfers. If you hate the transfer portal (yea transfers suck, everyone hated Jameson Williams, Landon Dickerson, Jake Coker, mark sears, nimari, gurley) then you're going to hate this year's basketball team. He either hates the team and should log off, or he doesn't really hate it thay much and should stop complaining that it's "ruined". I think the latter is much more likely. If Grant Nelson becomes Brandon miller next year he'll likely be pretty excited. So let's all get together and hope our basketball team does well instead of talking about how much our players are hated because they were allowed to transfer
this board is going to shit.

College baseball just had the most watched championship ever, even though it was a massive blowout. No one is forcing you to watch, I'm saying that if you hate it so much you should stop watching. And if you are going to continue watching, then please stop telling everyone how you have no interest in the "ruined" sports. Being on this site seems to be bad for your mental health
Being on this site is great for my mental health. Stop telling me what I have interest in and what I do not. You have no clue about that.
Keep sticking your head in the sand about the true state of college athletics since NIL and transfer freedom entered the equation.
I will continue to tell you what you do not want to hear.

Never said I hated any player. Cannot stand the “ system “ which has altered collegiate sports forever in a negative way if some form of regulation is not implemented.
Yes/ Alabama has benefited at times from the portal/ does not change my opinion about the new “ freedoms” that have zero responsibility or consequences for anything.

Both sides have good points. I for one love nIL when Alabama is the high bidder.I even like the portal when we have better players coming in than leaving. Lo

Never said I hated any player. Cannot stand the “ system “ which has altered collegiate sports forever in a negative way if some form of regulation is not implemented.
Yes/ Alabama has benefited at times from the portal/ does not change my opinion about the new “ freedoms” that have zero responsibility or consequences for anything.

Keep in mind, these "new freedoms" didn't bother you when 99.99% of students had them. Softball had those "new freedoms" for as long as I can remember. Every single college student is allowed to transfer as often as they want. But as soon as the 85 football players, and 13 basketball players are allowed to do what the other 35,000 alabama students are allowed to do you have a problem with it.

Keep in mind, these "new freedoms" didn't bother you when 99.99% of students had them. Softball had those "new freedoms" for as long as I can remember. Every single college student is allowed to transfer as often as they want. But as soon as the 85 football players, and 13 basketball players are allowed to do what the other 35,000 alabama students are allowed to do you have a problem with it.
That’s because we were not interested in softball. We are interested in men’s Basketball & football. Which counters your argument that he was interested. People that are complaining now about rule changes are complaining now because if is now effecting the sport that they love.

Reactions: frazor
Both sides have good points. I for one love nIL when Alabama is the high bidder.I even like the portal when we have better players coming in than leaving. Lo
I’m was lying! I hate NIL, the portal and all most everything government gets involved in. It’s hard to understand how I can love my country & hate my Government. Lol

That’s because we were not interested in softball. We are interested in men’s Basketball & football. Which counters your argument that he was interested. People that are complaining now about rule changes are complaining now because if is now effecting the sport that they love.

Yes, he was interested. Now he's not. So go away. It's that easy. If you're not interested, go away. And if you are interested, stop telling people you're not.

Yes, he was interested. Now he's not. So go away. It's that easy. If you're not interested, go away. And if you are interested, stop telling people you're not.
How about you go away and mind your own damn business. And stop making things up as you go/ it is comically embarrassing for you.
I am interested/ that is why I care that the whole system has gone to hell.
Most of those 35,000 you speak of are not on full scholarship and do not have all the benefits that come with it.
You have no idea what you are talking about. SO GO AWAY!’ You do not have enough INTEREST to fully comprehend.

How about you go away and mind your own damn business. And stop making things up as you go/ it is comically embarrassing for you.
I am interested/ that is why I care that the whole system has gone to hell.
Most of those 35,000 you speak of are not on full scholarship and do not have all the benefits that come with it.
You have no idea what you are talking about. SO GO AWAY!’ You do not have enough INTEREST to fully comprehend.

I'm here to cheer on our basketball team and hope it does well. You're only here to tell us all how terrible everything is. My sibling was on full scholarship and was told her summer requirements were to get a job using her skills. I live in America where that's a good thing. You're saying that's a bad thing. Well it's not changing, so just go away if the only thing you can do is complain

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT