ADVERTISEMENT

Dwight Stephenson story ...

BAMAPG

All American
Jan 11, 2004
Doug Maronne Jaguars HC played with Dwight on the Dolphins. Marrone was never a great player. He became great friends with Dwight and today shared how great he was as a player. One day during 2 a days in the 2nd practice Dwight came off the field drenched in sweat and Doug asked what are you doing out there, most guys just trying to get through the practice, and Dwight said at EVERY practice I go out with ONE piece of my game I need to improve and I work at it as hard as I can.

Lesson learned ... and being passed on many years later to a new group of players.

Never a better center play at any level of football .... he was voted All Pro .... and offensive lineman of the year for 5 or 6 years .... a center rarely wins offensive lineman of the year. He also won the NFL Man of the Year Award ... for his service to his community. Truly a great player whose career was cut short by injury. Young guys google the guy and watch some of his film.... Dwight and Hannah arguably the best center and guard to EVER play the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News