ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ ***Game Thread: Alabama v Arkansas ***

That is not true at all. Primo was long gone when the preseason rankings came out and Burnett was not even projected as a starter. He barely played at Texas Tech so at best he was expected to be a decent player coming off the bench.

Just about every preseason ranking had Alabama anywhere from as high as 8th to 14th. That was in October, Primo and Burnett where already gone.
Almost every loss has been down to the wire until the end… 1-2 possessions. Yes two more shooters like primo and burnett would’ve made a massive difference.

That is not true at all. Primo was long gone when the preseason rankings came out and Burnett was not even projected as a starter. He barely played at Texas Tech so at best he was expected to be a decent player coming off the bench.

Just about every preseason ranking had Alabama anywhere from as high as 8th to 14th. That was in October, Primo and Burnett where already gone.
Reality and where they were ranked are 2 different things.Team was never top 10 based on returning and current talent. Writers know very little in reality.

Reality and where they were ranked are 2 different things.Team was never top 10 based on returning and current talent. Writers know very little in reality.
FWIW Bama is currently 20th in BPI and 22nd in NET rating (7th in RPI even though it isn't as important anymore), so the weighted rankings are still pretty good for Bama.

I had to watch the last game on replay and the refs just killed Bama's momentum in the first half and basically gave Arkansas a free run. Weird to get shabby treatment by the Zebras at home, but thankfully Bama overcame it.

Last edited:
Almost every loss has been down to the wire until the end… 1-2 possessions. Yes two more shooters like primo and burnett would’ve made a massive difference.
None of what you said has anything to what my post but I will entertain this anyway.

Primo was never an option, like any player you bring in that could be a one-and-done. But yes Primo, who I stated would be a top 5 player in the SEC, had he come back would have been a difference.

As for Burnett, you can assume he would have helped, but it can only be an assumption given the fact he didn't do a damn thing at Texas Tech to suggest he would have come in and be a great player.

I don’t think expectations were too far off but will admit we haven’t quite lived up to my expectations coming in. The bad losses were very disappointing. You can never predict how a team will be made up mentally and this team just lacked a bit in that area, even though I think the response post Georgia has been pretty dang good. I think reality is this team lacks a couple pieces and it’s ok to not be glued to pre season expectations and adjust to reality.

Frankly though you are confirming my point to be honest. A disappointing team at alabama that didn’t live up to expectations is in line to lock in a 4-6 seed in the tournament… a tournament we didn’t sniff 10 of 12 years leading in to oats tenure. We will play our 4th tournament game in 2 years in March.. we played 3 tournament games in 12 years previous. You just need a dose of reality. This is a great place for bama to be in a “down year” with an elite recruiting class heading in

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT