ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread Alabama vs. Auburn

Somehow it would make sense that we lose to Mizzou and turn around and beat Auburn. Hopefully we'll come out smokin' tonight and pull off what would be a huge win. Would definitely help put me back in a good mood!

Reactions: Codie B
Somehow it would make sense that we lose to Mizzou and turn around and beat Auburn. Hopefully we'll come out smokin' tonight and pull off what would be a huge win. Would definitely help put me back in a good mood!
They had better come out smoking because the barn is no joke! We can't afford a lot of TOs, missed FTs, or giving up 2nd chance rebounds. We are once again out-matched in the low post, so making outside shots is a must.

Reactions: Codie B
Not looking forward to this game. Bad timing after last night and last Saturday.

This is a bad matchup for us. We can't stop teams who have a good post player and the boogs have two of them. It may be a good thing that I'll probably be asleep by halftime after staying up so late last night watching the football game.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
This is a bad matchup for us. We can't stop teams who have a good post player and the boogs have two of them. It may be a good thing that I'll probably be asleep by halftime after staying up so late last night watching the football game.

Bama crowd will have football hangover. Not going to be a good night I am afraid.

I just noticed we are #24. LOL! I know the loss on the road to Mizzou was bad but does the tough non conference schedule not count for something here?

Holt is supposed to be a shooter and he looks like he’s never shot a ball before. JD scored 50 a game and doesn’t even look to score. Quinerly looks like he could care less and Shack thinks he’ll be drafted as a point guard. Weird team

Reactions: vegas man
I’m afraid we have a shitty shooting team fellas. That don’t fly with this system. We have missed a gagillion open looks tonight. We don’t run offensive sets that lead to much other than drive and kick. If you can’t make the kick it’s a dud. We have many problems but if we were a better shooting team we’d be a lot better

Reactions: AirBoozehound
There are lots of differences between this year's team and last year's team. But the biggest differences are we have more three point shooters but can't hit threes and we play defense about 20% of the time.

And yes. Holt is supposed to be a sharp shooter from three but???

Oh, and if I'm an NBA scout I am drooling over the potential of JD Davison (insert eye roll here).

Reactions: AirBoozehound
We are a one possession pony. If we don’t score on our first shot it is very unlikely for us to get a second chance. But the truth is Auburn is really good. Jabari is as good as any player in the country. He’ll go 1, 2 or 3 in the draft. We can still win this game but we have to get better shots..that’ll take actually running an offense which I don’t think we have.

So just got through reffing two 4-6th grade girls games. Do I even want to watch the second half??

We ran one set play to start the 2nd half…Ellis hit a 3. 0 sets since

AU has the team to win a championship. If they don't this year, I'm not sure they ever will.

Told everyone this was going to be ugly. It is why I choose not to watch. Team is not very good. In a free fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT