ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread: Alabama vs. Missouri

Basically what I’ve seen from this squad is we play really hard against top teams but if we are “supposed” to win we just play down to teams. Defensive effort at times is about AAU like.

Terrible loss against a bad team missing key players. The kind of loss that in times past started a really ugly run of losses.

Oats just can't match up with a Martin team. Plus games like this really expose how soft this team really is.

If we dont step up against the best team we play this season then the barn will blow us out of our gym. This kind of game against them and Pearl will beat us by 30 or more.

We got killed on the glass as well. Our effort just wasn’t there today. This was the same Missouri team that scored 45 against that powerhouse known as Liberty. They more than doubled that against us today.
Some of that is we just have guys that simply cannot corral the ball. Gurley being the main one. I guarantee he wanted that last rebound more than anyone. In position… but simply cannot pull it in. I’ve seen it a lot from him this year.

Again, this is who we are. We are undersized which is killing us on the boards. Defending the pick and roll is terrible. We give up to many open looks. This has been going all year.

Reactions: mowens75
This is an God awful performance. No excuse for it. Better be careful giving up wins against the shitty part of the conference. We can fall near that bubble in a hurry doing this, just saying. Double digit losses will do it. It’s possible bc we can no show like this any given day
We’re gonna have double digit losses. You can take that to the bank. Today was our 4th, and we still have to play Baylor. Plus we play the boogs, Kentucky, LSU, and Mississippi State twice each. We’ll be fortunate to go 3-6 in those 9 games. That’s 10 losses right there, and we still have 7 other games in addition to those.

We’re gonna have double digit losses. You can take that to the bank. Today was our 4th, and we still have to play Baylor. Plus we play the boogs, Kentucky, LSU, and Mississippi State twice each. We’ll be fortunate to go 3-6 in those 9 games. That’s 10 losses right there, and we still have 7 other games in addition to those.
Your crystal ball is rarely if ever correct. But today was a pathetic effort no doubt. Missouri had 5 losses of 20 plus points this season. Embarrassing.

I don’t see us being a 5 seed. I think it’ll be a 9 or a 10. We’ve got a few more losses coming our way.
This teams problem they are alot of soft divas! This team is softer than baby shit! They dont rebound, they dont defend, and they dont play hard ALL the time! This team lacks that alpha male that dont allow BS! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Reactions: jtr4dad
Games like these remind me of the true ceiling that has always been over Alabama’s head in basketball. No excuse for that loss and effort today. I blame Oats and the players equally for today. Not much positive to take away considering who they were playing. Top teams do not play this way.

Some of that is we just have guys that simply cannot corral the ball. Gurley being the main one. I guarantee he wanted that last rebound more than anyone. In position… but simply cannot pull it in. I’ve seen it a lot from him this year.
It's a free throw. Your guy is right behind you and you know exactly where he is. Ball leaves the shooter's hand there is no reason to be pushed 5 feet towards the goal. If Gurley stands his ground that ball hits him in the chest and the rebound is his.

Maybe the play in game? Can we beat Bethune Cookman? Probably not but wait until next year!!

Reactions: frazor
It's a free throw. Your guy is right behind you and you know exactly where he is. Ball leaves the shooter's hand there is no reason to be pushed 5 feet towards the goal. If Gurley stands his ground that ball hits him in the chest and the rebound is his.
Don’t disagree

One thing is for absolutely certain with this team, nobody knows which games are going to be L's or W's.

Just make the tournament baby.

As bad as I hate to say it they miss the thickness of Reese and Rojas. If you ask Gary he didn't deserve any of his 12 fouls today.
Yes they do!!!!!!!! And Coach Oats and Staff Better figure out the Physical aspect of this Conference. Can’t body up to a guy like JO BROWN

That’s what we’ll be under Oates. We’ll make some runs sometimes, but we’ll get bounced by a team who shouldn’t beat us
That has definitely been the case this year. We probably had no business beating Gonzaga or Houston, just as we had no business losing to Iona, Memphis, Davidson, or Missouri.

The Brown kid for Missouri that lit Bama up for 30 points and 15 boards today is from Huntsville. How the hell does that happen?
Most disappointing effort in 2 years.

Reactions: tidertimintn
Also just do not understand how a team ( Missouri ) that shoots 40% from the field and averages 66 points a game can and has their 2nd leading scorer and first guy off the bench out due to Covid can score 92 points and score on 14 of their first 16 2nd half possessions.
That is how pathetic the effort was on D today. Wide open 3’s and same old bad post play inside.
That will be my last comment on this utterly forgettable game.

Again, this is who we are. We are undersized which is killing us on the boards. Defending the pick and roll is terrible. We give up to many open looks. This has been going all year.
I said during the offseason in some of the recruiting and who is transferring to Bama threads that Oats needed to focus a little more on size and stop going after all these guards. I was told more than once that I had no clue what I was talking about and that this won't be a problem because Oats system doesn't play a lot of big men anyway.

Looks like its a fvcking problem..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT