ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread: Alabama vs. Missouri

Holt isn’t very good. Maybe he will develop. We just don’t do the little things well. We let teams bully us and Oates hasn’t recruited a post presence yet

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Sign him up for the next ten years for one good season. That is the mindset of programs that next won shit and never will win shit, not Alabama.
Obviously I’m using some hyperbole here. But yes… given the context of our program over the last 30 years, it’s amazing how quickly you guys are all over him after what this team did less than a year ago

What an amazing coaching job by Oats. He knew just how long to keep Rojas caged before turning him and the rest of this team loose. Great call on full court man to man. Love this guy. Bravo coach. Bravo.

What an amazing coaching job by Oats. He knew just how long to keep Rojas caged before turning him and the rest of this team loose. Great call on full court man to man. Love this guy. Bravo coach. Bravo.
Wooden level

just imagine if we weren’t playing at Coleman. Only John Lennon can.

I’ll take it. Everyone of them are going to be like this. Hoping this 2nd half effort can carry over the rest of the season. Maybe shooting will come around. With that said we did score 86.

Reactions: theminer1
86 while not hitting threes isn't good enough dude. Oats should really consider abandoning this philosophy and do 100% backcuts using 6'2" white guys while milking the clock. I miss losing games 51-48.
Bro, you are tooting your horn over coming back and beating on of the bottom 3 teams in the league. Anyone “happy” with that doesn't have high expectations for this program...

Reactions: jtr4dad
The effort in the last 10 minutes has to be a 100% of the time thing. This team thinks hey are good enough to have easy wins and they aren’t.

good win considering the horrendous start to both halves

Reactions: rsaxoniii
Bro, you are tooting your horn over coming back and beating on of the bottom 3 teams in the league. Anyone “happy” with that doesn't have high expectations for this program...
We won.... Geez wtf... After a losing streak. Take it and be happy

Reactions: pfaud001
Well let me tell you something Bro, and it's important that you and a lot of other fans hear this. Neither mine nor your expectations have any f'n influence on anything. Win or lose I have to get up and work tomorrow and take care of frazor and the things that are really important. I enjoy the wins and try not to get too down with the losses. Save my energy for March.

Well let me tell you something Bro, and it's important that you and a lot of other fans hear this. Neither mine nor your expectations have any f'n influence on anything. Win or lose I have to get up and work tomorrow and take care of frazor and the things that are really important. I enjoy the wins and try not to get too down with the losses. Save my energy for March.
Agree 100% with this take. Some have way over thought their responsibility to the team lol. I get frustrated every single game but some need to get over themselves and holding up their standard of expectation and enjoy the wins

Holt isn’t very good. Maybe he will develop. We just don’t do the little things well. We let teams bully us and Oates hasn’t recruited a post presence yet
Assuming he took some of Gary's minutes tonight. Thought he looked descent a few times on D but that's about all he is bringing right now. Glad to see him get the minutes.

I don’t get it. People are wanting to get rid of Oats because of a mid season slump which includes a loss against the number 1 team in the country. So what if we lost to Mizzou on the road. So what if we lost to Mississippi St on the road. It is freaking hard to win on the road even with a lead. Just ask mizzou. This is a good team and some of you act like they are 6-13.

In basketball, teams don’t go undefeated. They lose on the road. They play sloppy at times. They lose to teams they shouldn’t. This is a tournament team, and if they start clicking again, they can beat any team. There are some crappy fans posting in this thread who expect perfection Every game. That doesn’t exist. Oats is not out bitching for a new arena. He was promised one and I only heard from his mouth say that if they do it, he wants a new arena. He doesn’t want to have Coleman redone and have to play games on Birmingham.

I don’t get it. People are wanting to get rid of Oats because of a mid season slump which includes a loss against the number 1 team in the country. So what if we lost to Mizzou on the road. So what if we lost to Mississippi St on the road. It is freaking hard to win on the road even with a lead. Just ask mizzou. This is a good team and some of you act like they are 6-13.

In basketball, teams don’t go undefeated. They lose on the road. They play sloppy at times. They lose to teams they shouldn’t. This is a tournament team, and if they start clicking again, they can beat any team. There are some crappy fans posting in this thread who expect perfection Every game. That doesn’t exist. Oats is not out bitching for a new arena. He was promised one and I only heard from his mouth say that if they do it, he wants a new arena. He doesn’t want to have Coleman redone and have to play games on Birmingham.
I don't think anybody really wants Oats gone. Some folks just take a rough patch like this to state their position so when Oats doesn't win a title in two years they can gloat and act like they called it. If anybody seriously thinks Bama can do better than Oats right now they should be "ignored."

Absolutely. This isn’t his best team but are we really going to be championship or bust mentality in basketball? Fans should be thrilled that a slumping alabama basketball team is concerned about seeding instead of if we are last 4 in or first 4 out after a 48-47 loss at home to Georgia…. Yes this team can be frustrating and has holes in it but it’s also a team that has some of the best wins in all of CBB and has the capability to get hot and make a run in March. Only time will tell. If we made an elite 8 run everyone would forget this slump. Seems unlikely but we are 2 months away from the tournament! Hell 3 weeks ago we thought Baylor and Duke were the clear 2 best teams and both lost 2 games since. A ton will change by tournament time. Hopefully us catching fire will be one of them.

also, anyone concerned about the general direction of our program needs to take a peak at the recruiting class

Nobody cares if you were against it. That is for sure.
Oh you care; that's why you commented.
This is a different team with Primo and Burnett. Wanting Oats gone is ridiculous.
Well no shit, this team would be different with Primo. Many of you didn't think losing Primo was a big deal, and I do believe you were one of them who argued with me that he wasn't a first round draft pick.

As for Burnett, no one knows because he transferred to Bama because he couldn't get playing time at Tech. Maybe he would have been great, maybe he would have shown why he couldn't get playing time last year.

86 while not hitting threes isn't good enough dude. Oats should really consider abandoning this philosophy and do 100% backcuts using 6'2" white guys while milking the clock. I miss losing games 51-48.
Teams that take more a lot more shots bc they shoot fast, generally score more. But they give up more points too, so there’s a trade off.
But asking for some motion, off ball screens, cutting, etc isn’t a crazy ask. When you don’t have shooters standing in spots, it’s hard to be as efficient as you need to be in this system. JQ bails us out a lot but without him, we rarely get easy twos.
I don’t think people are saying scrap the system and become Princeton. More like, when we have two bigs on the floor at the same time that can’t shoot, adapt and create space in other ways.

Oh you care; that's why you commented.

Well no shit, this team would be different with Primo. Many of you didn't think losing Primo was a big deal, and I do believe you were one of them who argued with me that he wasn't a first round draft pick.

As for Burnett, no one knows because he transferred to Bama because he couldn't get playing time at Tech. Maybe he would have been great, maybe he would have shown why he couldn't get playing time last year.
No- I do not care. Just get sick of your arrogant know it all and at times incredibly classless posts. And so do quite a few people on here.
All you did on Primo was repeat what some NBA scout said about him. His 8 points per game and inconsistent play his first year at Bama really did not indicate that he would remotely be a first round pick. He blew up at the NBA combine.
Those 2 would have added needed depth to this roster.

I watched Auburn today and got pissed off by how awesome that atmosphere was! Coleman is like going to a damn funeral!
It’s so frustrating. A simple tweak to the student seating would make it better. Obviously Coleman is never going to be elite as far as atmosphere but the one packed section all season has been student section. We have 2000-2600 students at every game, and over half of them are so high up you don’t even get them in the picture on tv. It makes ZERO sense. Auburn has 1600 students in their student section but the placement makes it such a better atmosphere. I just feel like putting the students behind the basket would make a big difference. It doesn’t have to be courtside all the way around just get them out of the corner rafters PLEASE

To be clear I’m all in on new arena, just want an immediate fix until we get out of Coleman

I watched Auburn too, and what really pissed me off was how good they are.
People can hate all they want but Pearl can flat out sign talent and get them to play with their heads on fire. Will be interesting to see what big schools go after him in 2-3 years. UNC can't be real happy with their in-house hire right now. Crazy how these Blue bloods insist on hiring "Duke" men or "UNC" men with a guy like Pearl or Drew doing what they are doing at AU and Baylor.

Reactions: Codie B
No- I do not care. Just get sick of your arrogant know it all and at times incredibly classless posts. And so do quite a few people on here.
All you did on Primo was repeat what some NBA scout said about him. His 8 points per game and inconsistent play his first year at Bama really did not indicate that he would remotely be a first round pick. He blew up at the NBA combine.
Those 2 would have added needed depth to this roster.
You might want to check your facts. I was saying the kid would be a lottery pick before the first mock drafts came out and you were one of the first who tried to call me out on it.

It's a freaking message board and I say exactly what is on my mind. It posters like you that can't deal with it but that's a you problem.

The same posters that will call players names and wish they would leave are the same ones who get their feeling hurt when they are called morons. I always found it humorous that many of you can attack these kids characters but get butthurt when you get the same treatment.

Oh, and you care what I think. That's why you're always one of the first to comment...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT