ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Alabama vs. San Diego State (NCAA Tournament)

FFS

Bama basketball....

One of the most abusive relationships in college sports

You set us up..

Apologize...

Give us hope..

Get us to the top...

And once again the sweet sixteen ceiling knocks us down against a team we should beat.

"I really thought he had changed this time, things were going so well, then one night in Louisville... the same place it went wrong before... I still didn't see it coming"

smh

Feels hopeless to see our best team in 40 years. Maybe best ever. And we choke so hard against a team that will probably lose in the round of 8 by 20.

The only worse game we played this year was in Norman. This one hurts.
You've had that typed out since pre-game.

Bama fooled around and find out…

Youth and ego got whipped by the real hard hats tonight.

This SDSU team is mediocre. But bama absolutely sucked today.

Oats and staff take this on the chin. Outcoached and Blew a lead.

Had no answer for their defense.

I hope the bama staff reassesses their half court offense because it’s great when you make some shots.

Nate needs to have some organized plays to get looks .. similar to the first play of the game where clowney scored

We were beat up by a more physical team and our point guard should learn to quit trying layups on three big players after failing 12 times. Difficult to watch and definitely showed a some cracks in the armor. Sears played his heart out.

Way to s____ the bed….. this is on coaching— you get your stupid ass guards by the jersey and tell them that one more time driving to get it blocked at the rim and they will walk their dumb asses back home… selfish pieces of dog ____!!

Reactions: MickSabinII
This team is all finese and it shows! Clowney is the weakest power forward ever! He got thrown around like a rag doll! I said it last weak we needed someone to step up because JQ was eventually going to cool off and nobody else did shit! Miller was horrible and please just leave Sears and dont turn around!

Clowney didn't show up tonight either. More ticky tack reach in fouls that I got chastised for pointing out in the 1st round game. But I'm sure he'll be drafted in the first round solely on potential.
He’s going to be a good NBA player, I would take him if I was drafting in the 20s.

Reactions: cola68
SDSU got mid-range jumpers all night long. We got none. Great coaching. Oats got worked.
As I mentioned at halftime, SDSU was a screen away every possession from getting a wide open shot at the foul line ..they dogged us and our defense never adjusted.

Reactions: MickSabinII
This team is all finese and it shows! Clowney is the weakest power forward ever! He got thrown around like a rag doll! I said it last weak we needed someone to step up because JQ was eventually going to cool off and nobody else did shit! Miller was horrible and please just leave Sears and dont turn around!
If we are being honest, the game just isn’t played with the physical nature they SDSU plays with. There are a few teams in the country that play that style and able to get away with it, Tennessee, SDSU, and Houston.

Reactions: jmillerbama
Way to s____ the bed….. this is on coaching— you get your stupid ass guards by the jersey and tell them that one more time driving to get it blocked at the rim and they will walk their dumb asses back home… selfish pieces of dog ____!!
Our guards were very selfish tonight. Assistant coaches checked out before game and Oats fouling down by 2 with 41 seconds left was pure stupid.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Need to find some good shooters in the portal
There are good shooters on this team, you can’t win a championship only shooting 3s (the lowest percentage shot on the court) and layups. Especially when you have a good team that is only focused in taking those two things away.

Also, we seem to run very few off the ball screens and cuts back door. Something I would think would be there with how aggressively SDSU played.

Sloppy sloppy sloppy play. Would have thought coach would have cleaned this up...No hustle to get the ball after a poor shot and by luck if they did get the ball, the ball got stripped. Looked confused out there tonight. Too much dribbling behind the basket and trying to score by going up against a 7 footer. Where were our 3 point shooters tonight?? On a positive note, this team won 31 games this season which I had never heard before in BAMA history. On to next year!!!

Last edited:
There are good shooters on this team, you can’t win a championship only shooting 3s (the lowest percentage shot on the court) and layups. Especially when you have a good team that is only focused in taking those two things away.

Also, we seem to run very few off the ball screens and cuts back door. Something I would think would be there with how aggressively SDSU played.
Preach! Our offense has one screen at the top of the key.

I was hoping that bama would have a few more sets in place …

It’s fantastic when you’re hitting shots but tonight bama was not only tentative from the three but also stagnant when players did not have the ball

that is where we fuked up.
We fücked up in a lot of places today, but Oats going with his “analytics” instead of just being a basketball coach was really bad.

Play good defense like you have all year and maybe get a chance to hit one of those big time shots to catapults your team to a championship.

Just beyond disappointed. Oats gets outcoached. 3-27 from 3. Always knew this could happen. Refs were horrible at key times.
We don’t agree on much, but I couldn’t agree more here on all accounts. The shooting, the coaching, and the pathetic refs.

Come at me all you want, but this all layups and threes isn’t sustainable for a tournament run. They have killed us in the midrange today. And I’ve said this before but their defense is smart…guard the 3 and the rim. Nothing else matters.
Agreed…too predictable. When u got small, not so physical guards.. it’s just don’t work unless u are hitting the three.

I didn’t get to see the game…driving back from Hattiesburg to Greenville and then a Funeral Home visitation. I did look up the shooting statistics and saw where we shot 12%-3pts and 33% FG…were they all bad shots? I was proud of the season…31 wins is quite an accomplishment I sure do hope CNO doesn’t fall into the CWS catagory of being a good Sweet 16 coach.

I didn’t get to see the game…driving back from Hattiesburg to Greenville and then a Funeral Home visitation. I did look up the shooting statistics and saw where we shot 12%-3pts and 33% FG…were they all bad shots? I was proud of the season…31 wins is quite an accomplishment I sure do hope CNO doesn’t fall into the CWS catagory of being a good Sweet 16 coach.
He needs to learn how to coach the game of basketball, not just his style of basketball. Like Barkley just said, the really good coaches that get far in the tourney have a plan B. Bama had a plan A and when it wasn’t working, they just kept going to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT