ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Mississippi State at No. 2 Alabama

Half court defense bama has some players losing their man .. this is uncharacteristic

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Half court defense bama has some players losing their man .. this is uncharacteristic
It’s like they are pressing or something. We keep getting 2 guys on the ball and leaving someone wide open.

If there is a worse team inbounding the ball in the state of Alabama, I haven’t seen them. And I watch a whole lot of jr high and high school basketball.

Reactions: kimbell and Codie B
The announcer just said what we all think many times when bama is inbounding the ball:
Cut, move, screen don’t just stand with your hand out

Reactions: Codie B
The way the game is going our only real chance of pulling this out may be at the free throw line. Every time we get some momentum going they hit a shot and we have a dumb play or turnover.

MSU is doing a good job of just being in the neighborhood to scare us out of 3 point shots. We've probably turned down half a dozen 3 pointers this half.

If we could get 2 or 3 quick 3s like we did at Bud Walton it would really change the game and we could run away from them. We just can't get them to go in when we actually shoot them.

Pathetic effort. Wth is going on? Not even trying to get open on the inbounds
When we try to run something, it’s no better. Our screens suck. We don’t know how to punish a switch. And our inbounders don’t do a good job either. Terrible combination.

The in bounds thing is just weird for a team as quick and long as we are. Someone needs to steal some in bound sets before tournament time and we need to wear them out in practice. A little something like that will beat us in a tight tournament game.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Mississippi State 51, Alabama 48 | 7:49, H2

— Mississippi State has made just one of its last nine shots and has allowed Alabama to claw its way back into this one.

— The Bulldogs are shooting 31.3% in the second half after shooting 56.7% before the break.

Still losing MISS ST players on the defensive end .. wide @ss open.

I can’t figure out what the confusion is when our players switch. Just not working.

The threes wil start to fall

Also have to be great at the FT line to win

We've seen this before in an ugly loss. 4-21 from 3 point for us. Mercy. And of all guys Welch has half our made 3 point shots.

Still losing MISS ST players on the defensive end .. wide @ss open.

I can’t figure out what the confusion is when our players switch. Just not working.

The threes wil start to fall

Also have to be great at the FT line to win
It’s like we don’t know if we are switching or not and both guys end up going with the same guy. Don’t understand what’s going on.

Reactions: cola68
That was a clean block. As clean as a block can get. What did they really call there?

Alabama 57, Mississippi State 53 | 5:55

Back-to-back big-time buckets from Noah Clowney give Alabama its biggest lead of the game.

What is that Gatorade the basketball team drinks? It’s not the normal kind you buy from the store.

Told y'all to relax, this team has that fight in them. It's not going to go your way every night, that's basketball. But they will fight you till the end.

Clowney and Sears are a combined 0-9 from 3 tonight and they have shot most of the wide open. This would be a huge win if we can find a way to hang on.

Reactions: cola68
Alabama 63, Mississippi State 55 | 3:28, H2

Alabama is holding Mississippi State to 28.6% shooting in the second half.

Sears is in a bad stretch shooting 3s. He's something like 4 of his last 25 shots from 3 point. Would have been nice to have had this finish see him find his range again.

Pringle needs to play more. I know he's not necessarily as good as his numbers say he is, but he needs more minutes.
Not sure where he’d get the minutes but he does good things when he plays. I think Gurley has played really well in this 2nd half.

Bediako has not been missed tonight since his 4th foul. Wasn’t his night tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT