ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 1 Alabama at No. 10 Tennessee

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014

How to watch​

Who: No. 1 Alabama (22-3, 12-0) at No. 10 Tennessee (19-6, 8-4)
When: 6 p.m. CT, Wednesday, Feb. 15
Where: Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tenn.
Watch: ESPN2 (play-by-play: Karl Ravech; analyst: Jay Bilas; sideline: Alyssa Lang)
Listen: Crimson Tide Sports Network (play-by-play: Chris Stewart; analyst: Bryan Passink; engineer Tom Stipe)

Tennessee 8, Alabama 7 | 15:21, H1

Brandon Miller is 0-for-2 from 3 after missing all seven of his 3-point attempts against Auburn.

It’s already obvious the whistles will not be in Bama’s favor. Clowned was beat up in his layup shot.

More turnovers than made field goals is never a good look, no matter how early you are in the game.

• Sad
Reactions: Codie B
If there’s a worse team inbounding the ball, I’ve never seen them. I’ve ran that same set with high school and jr high teams and we understood how to handle the switches. We don’t know what to do when they switch.

I could fix a lot of our inbounds real fast, let Brandon Miller inbound the ball.

Tennessee 19, Alabama 15 | 7:42, H1

Tennessee has 10 points off eight Alabama turnovers. The Tide hasn't been able to capitalize on its three takeaways.

• Sad
Reactions: Codie B
Ridiculous turnovers. Can’t inbound. Getting beat bad on the offensive boards. Really just sloppy play so far.

I have not seen the stats, but it looks to me like we are getting beaten badly on the offensive boards.
That’s what lots of motion, quality screens and knowing how to set up and use screens will get you….offensive rebounds.

I wish we were allowed to play the kind of defense Tennessee is playing. If we played the way Tennessee, is we wouldn't have a guy left on the court. They would have fouled out by now.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO and TRT
Recipe for beating bama. Hard d and push them away from the basket. Oh yeah, make them inbounds the ball. Joke

As bad as we’ve played, as much as we’ve turned it over, we are only down 2 on the road against a top 10 team. Just settle down a little and enjoy that for a minute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT