ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 1 Alabama at No. 10 Tennessee

It’s not just Tn that fouls and it doesn’t get called, go back and watch the Aub game… both teams get away with mugging opposition and the refs swallow their whistle because all 5 players are fouling and you can only call it on 1 player so most of the time they don’t call anything—- total BS officiating….. but turn overs at 20 won’t win you any game’s either!!

Final: No. 10 Tennessee 68, No. 1 Alabama 59

After earning the No. 1 ranking earlier in the week, Alabama (22-4, 12-1 in the SEC) sees its perfect start to conference play come to an end. The Crimson Tide will look to get back on track Saturday when it hosts Georgia.

We were due to meet a UCLA or B1G team in the tournament that could slow us down like UT. Sad part is that Oats had no answers in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Codie B
I honestly do not know how those guys held their composure tonight after that bs that went on tonight with officials. Oats needs to bring me on to the team so he send me in to deck somebody.

Reactions: bswest
Alabama turnovers — 19
Alabama made FGs — 17

Tennessee scored 26 points off turnovers. That was the difference in this game.
I have said all year, we are terrible about getting a turnover and not contesting. We turn basketball back over. Protect the ball

JQ will be needed down the stretch, but why he played so much tonight is beyond me. Pringle deserves more minutes, he is high energy and when he was in Tennessee's second chance points were basically eliminated. Is it because Pringle is so great, no it is because he plays with the energy needed to get everyone else going.

Reactions: budog
Tonight is one reason I wanted to wait for bama to be #1

Here is the sunny side ..
Bama will run into refs and teams that play like this in the tournament; might as well get used to it.

22-4
12-1

Reactions: NavyGunner
Alabama turnovers — 19
Alabama made FGs — 17

Tony there was a reason there were that many turnovers. If the opposing team is allowed to foul at will there is going to be turnovers. I'm happy our guys fought through all that and still kept it close. I'm pretty sure by the last remaining minutes of the game our guys were wore freaking out. Getting the crap beat out of you the whole game wears on you. How many times did Clowney get thrown to the ground with no call. This game was COMPLETE BS. I will not blame our guys for this loss. The game was decided before tip off.

Disappointing, cannot maintain enough consistency to remain no. 1.
I hear ya bears, but I think it’s fair to say that being the only Power 5 team in the country without a conference loss coming into tonight screams consistency.

ROLL TIDE brother!!!!

Reactions: coffee89
Alabama turnovers — 19
Alabama made FGs — 17

Sears was terrible/ quinerly was worse/ Jaden can’t shoot free throws/ Rylan was non existent

Bad night for bama backcourt

Bama will return after this off night

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
Guys we were cheated out of this game. I hate saying that but the refs had this game decided before the tip. The bad thing about it is even the announcers were complaining. I really feel bad for our guys.
Refs were bad but had nothing to do with 19 turnovers.

Vols shot 25 FTs, we shot 20, both teams made 16. This game was about our turnovers and Barnes making much better adjustments in the 2nd half.
I agree about the turnovers. As far as the fouls
..it wasn't about any type FT disparity, but more about the fouls that weren't called imo. It was a terribly officiated game. We were hacked, hammered and bumped all night long and the refs just swallowed their whistles.

Guys we were cheated out of this game. I hate saying that but the refs had this game decided before the tip. The bad thing about it is even the announcers were complaining. I really feel bad for our guys.
Agreed. You know it's bad when the announcers start complaining about the bogus calls. Oats should have gotten tossed (2 techs) from raising hell about the bad calls, but as someone said earlier, he appears to have mailed it in. Why the hell else would he keep putting Q on the court with the bad game he was having!

Agreed. You know it's bad when the announcers start complaining about the bogus calls. Oats should have gotten tossed (2 techs) from raising hell about the bad calls, but as someone said earlier, he appears to have mailed it in. Why the hell else would he keep putting Q on the court with the bad game he was having!
“ appears to have mailed it in”? Dumbest comment of the night.

Vols shot 25 FTs, we shot 20, both teams made 16. This game was about our turnovers and Barnes making much better adjustments in the 2nd half.
This is one my my favorite arguments. It’s not about how many we shot or they shot. Maybe they should have shot 30 free throws but maybe we should have shot 50. We had some bad turnovers. But we had some turnovers that were forced bc of them being way to physical on a ball handler or on a guy trying to get open off the ball. There’s way more to it than how many fouls are called or how many free throws are shot.

“ appears to have mailed it in”? Dumbest comment of the night.
"Dumbest comment"is usually reserved for you. Sorry to invade your territory. That's my opinion, I stand behind it, and if you don't like it....TOUGH SHIT!!!!

"Dumbest comment"is usually reserved for you. Sorry to invade your territory. That's my opinion, I stand behind it, and if you don't like it....TOUGH SHIT!!!!
Not hardly dude. For you to say that was beyond mind numbing. Ridiculous to a laughable point.
Classy response by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT