ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 1 Alabama at No. 10 Tennessee

The refs will call it tighter early in the 2nd half to get a little control of the game and emotions. Hopefully we can dig in a make a good run then.

Bama took only 21 shots due to the 12 turnovers. And getting the ball inbounds is still harder than it should be.
No cuts or screens.

Bama took only 21 shots due to the 12 turnovers. And getting the ball inbounds is still harder than it should be.
No cuts or screens.
Go back and watch. We screened. We screened for the screener even. That’s not the issue.

I just watched Mark Sears shot fake and get his guy in the air. He then dribbled and instead of dribbling all the way to the next defender, he stopped and shot an open mid range shot. Y’all see that?

Tennessee 44, Alabama 40 | 11:58, H2

Alabama hasn't scored in 2:11 but still finds itself in this one.

Yikes at these calls. I’m not entirely sure the refs understand what a charge actually is.

Definitely a big advantage to UT the way this game is being called. What's with the charging calls? Geez

Reactions: csregor
Maybe our bigs just need to be more aggressive and make the officials blow the whistle. We are super soft down low this game.

I HATE complaining about the refs, but Bama is getting the shaft this game. At the very least this half.
There IS incentive for the vols to win .. so I’ll add I hate to be that conspiracy theorist that thinks the SEC wants TENN to win for better seeding

Good Lord the refs are calling this game unlike any game I’ve witnessed in the SEC this year

Last edited:
Can’t hit anything. Turnovers. Jr’s defense is shutting us down. And they want it more

Plus the officiating has been putrid

• Haha
Reactions: csregor
This is a mauling! Refs are letting to do anything they want on defense!

Tennessee 58, Alabama 52 | 3:32, H2

Jaden Bradley will be at the line following the break. He's 6 of 10 from the stripe tonight.

This is a mauling! Refs are letting to do anything they want on defense!
Kinda like Houston, because they are know as a great defensive team they are given more leeway when it comes to fouling.

I know one reason Tennessee is so good on defense. Kinda like some of the best defensive backs were the best at getting away with holding…

I’m not sure we had much of a chance but playing JQ the last few minutes took whatever chance we had away.

Reactions: BamaNavyCPO
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT