ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 2 Alabama at Oklahoma in the Big 12/SEC Challenge

How do you get up for Oklahoma?

Really! Anytime Bama and Oklahoma play in anything Oklahoma fans get excited and Bama fans should too! Ive lived 30 minutes from Norman and I can promise you they circled this game before the season started!

I didn’t see to see one second of the first half. But I see we’ve come out of halftime not being able to get the ball inbounds.

Had enough. Watching golf.
Will check final score.
Every time I get interested in BB they tank.

Oklahoma 57, Alabama 44 | 15:39, H2

Alabama has made five of its last six shots to trim the deficit.

We gonna have to recruit a real big guy. Not a long athletic guy. And he won’t have to play 30 minutes a night. But some nights he will need to play as much as he can stay on the court.

Reactions: bet9
calm-yo-ass-down-calm-down.gif

Reactions: therealsquid
Lets chip away Bama! Cut the lead to 5 by the 10 minute mark! Get physical down low to many easy layups! And drive the ball with kick out opportunities dont just settle for deep shots! Get Choklahoma in foul trouble!

Why the hell is Pringle not playing.......he's by far the most physical player on this team........and thats what this team needs right now!

Our entire team looks like they’re moping around and don’t don’t want to be there. The lack of effort against a team that’s giving maximum effort is going to make this an ugly score if things don’t change drastically. We seem to need to be down by double digits to start trying here recently for some reason. We’re there and then some so maybe we’ll see some effort going forward.
They looked like that before Wednesday’s game. They looked tired and I thought that being home brought back the last week’s troubles. I wonder if a significant loss will take some of the pressure of the high ranking off them as they fall in the polls. This is a very young lead team and the season is long. Plus, they have had some rather unusual circumstances to handle. I hope they can refocus and have less a target on their backs as they gear up for the second half of the conference schedule. That will tell the tale, Can they regroup and focus on playing their best games against UT, Aubie, TAMU and the others.

Reactions: tellin the truth
You look at their schedule and see they’ve lost 3 to 4 games by 1 point to very good teams .. Kansas etc
True, but it still is not going to look good to the tournament committee come seeding time when they see us getting blown out by 20 points to a team who shouldn’t even make the tournament. Though, our issues as a team are much bigger than that concern right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: bet9 and jtr4dad
True, but it still is not going to look good to the tournament committee come seeding time when they see us getting blowout by 20 points to a team who shouldn’t even make the tournament. Though, our issues as a team are much bigger than that concern right now.
It won’t hurt nearly as bad as you think. An L is an L and just about every team in the country has as least on head scratcher or two.

Just don’t let this type of game become a trend and Bama is fine.

Reactions: bet9 and yankel
This is what happens when team one team is called for touch fouls and they other is allowed to be overly physical. Bama has played poorly but the refs are in the bag on this one!

Cut it to 10 by 4 minutes left

That’s what bama has to do

Oklahoma 78, Alabama 55 | 7:41, H2

Alabama has missed its last seven shots and hasn't hit a FG in 4:31

This is what happens when team one team is called for touch fouls and they other is allowed to be overly physical. Bama has played poorly but the refs are in the bag on this one!
This is the way it will be in the ncaa

By the way, the refs have nothing to do with bama giving up points a nearly 70% shooting clip to Oklahoma

This team is playing lazy defense and I mean everyone from Brandon Miller to quinelry is giving about 50% effort

That’s why bama is getting humbled by Oklahoma

Wrong/ as in very. Defensive effort by Bama today had been pathetic. Brought nothing today. And that is on the players.

This is the way it will be in the ncaa

By the way, the refs have nothing to do with bama giving up points a nearly 70% shooting clip to Oklahoma

This team is playing lazy defense and I mean everyone from Brandon Miller to quinelry is giving about 50% effort

That’s why bama is getting humbled by Oklahoma
Never said they did. But the dust up is all on the refs. We haven't played well but I do expect the refs to their jobs.

Reactions: bet9
Wrong/ as in very. Defensive effort by Bama today had been pathetic. Brought nothing today. And that is on the players.
Never said we played well or it is all on the refs. We deserve to lose the way we have played. Refs should do their job and not be wildly inconsistent. They officiating caused the dust up.

Correct unfortunately. No ref can do enough to make a team get waxed by 30 to an average opponent that they allowed to shoot 70%. I had more enthusiasm and fight when the wife dragged me to the opera than Bama displayed today.

When the shots are falling, 1 on 1 looks good. When they aren’t, it’s not fun.

Correct unfortunately. No ref can do enough to make a team get waxed by 30 to an average opponent that they allowed to shoot 70%. I have more enthusiasm and fight when the wife dragged me to the opera than Bama displayed today.
Once again I never said the refs were the reason we were losing. The altercation under the goal is all on the refs. The first foul should never have been called and nothing would have resulted. They were allowed over the course of the game to get away with physical illegal picks/screens.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT