ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: No. 2 Alabama at Oklahoma in the Big 12/SEC Challenge

We just had an “overrated” chant used against us in basketball. That’s actually kinda nice. And our whole staff and all players needed that one. It was a good, loud chant.

This was painful to watch… I can only hope it’s a wake up call… prob our worst week of basketball all season

• Sad
Reactions: Codie B
When the shots are falling, 1 on 1 looks good. When they aren’t, it’s not fun.
I would disagree. I think the refs in college basketball are pretty inconsistent. I regularly go to Coleman and ride the officials about their performance. When you play well you can overlook their performance, though...LOL

We just had an “overrated” chant used against us in basketball. That’s actually kinda nice. And our whole staff and all players needed that one. It was a good, loud chant.

I was thinking the same thing! Maybe that will keep their fight up the rest of the season!

Reactions: bet9
I love Brandon Miller, but in big games he has disappeared way too often! He wants to be kobe bryant but he folds under physical play! If he wants to be the top player in the draft he needs to carry the load in games like this!

Reactions: kimbell
Final: Oklahoma 93, No. 2 Alabama 69

Security did about as good of a job keeping fans from storming the court as the Crimson Tide did from keeping the Sooners from the basket.

Alabama (18-3) will return to SEC play next week when it hosts Vanderbilt on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.

Reactions: cola68
The decline of Kentucky and Florida has weakened the SEC. See Auburn last year. There are bad days in CBB, but a rout on the road to an 11-9 team…

How did Oats think it was a good ideal to not have a shoot around this morning after watching the way we shot the ball against MSU.
Calm your ass down!👀👀 How dare you say something negative about this team!

Calm your ass down!👀👀 How dare you say something negative about this team!
Oh, I’m calm. I don’t think this L is a big deal and I most certainly don’t act like it’s the end of the world. Just asking what I believe is a legitimate question.

• Haha
Reactions: jmillerbama
You look at their schedule and see they’ve lost 3 to 4 games by 1 point to very good teams .. Kansas etc
They also lost to Sam Houston State and a terrible Villanova team. Oklahoma scored 52 points in the entire game Tuesday night against TCU. They scored 50 in the first half alone today. Let's not make them more than they are. I'm not shocked that we lost. I was very concerned about this game. It's the way that we lost. We were never even competitive against a very mediocre team.

All I can say is...OUCH!

Eli Drake Punch GIF by United Wrestling Network

Reactions: jmillerbama
You're being kind by calling that crap show an average performance. It was pathetic.
It was, Houston lost at home by double digits to a 10 loss team last week. Bad combination of a poor performance by Bama and OU playing their best game of the year.

We have problems. I think our rotation is too deep. Players have a hard time getting in a groove. Bediako is a huge liability. Miller disappears too often and too long. Miller has a hard time taking one off the dribble or playing with his back to the basket. Defending the screen is bad. We step over the screen when one is 20 feet above the 3 point line. This causes a 2 on 1 situation. Our defensive rotation is bad. The teams we beat in the sec this year have been handicapped. We have selfish players. Hint .. our 2 smallest guards.

They also lost to Sam Houston State and a terrible Villanova team. Oklahoma scored 52 points in the entire game Tuesday night against TCU. They scored 50 in the first half alone today. Let's not make them more than they are. I'm not shocked that we lost. I was very concerned about this game. It's the way that we lost. We were never even competitive against a very mediocre team.
This ^^^^. It is one thing to lose to a mediocre team by a basket or two. It happens in college BB. It is another getting beat worse than they you have been in 1/2 a decade, especially when you are “supposed” to be a top 2 team in the country coming in. We have SERIOUS issues with our outside shooting that we can’t ignore or deny anymore, and now our defensive effort, which was helped us survive the poor shooting of late, has really declined the past few games.

Oh, I’m calm. I don’t think this L is a big deal and I most certainly don’t act like it’s the end of the world. Just asking what I believe is a legitimate question.

Yea i said ALL legitimate shit too..........you picked the wrong one! Im your ****in Huckleberry.....just know you started this shit! 💪🏿💪💪🏽😎😎😎

This ^^^^. It is one thing to lose to a mediocre team by a basket or two. It happens in college BB. It is another getting beat worse than they you have been in 1/2 a decade, especially when you are “supposed” to be a top 2 team in the country coming in. We have SERIOUS issues with our outside shooting that we can’t ignore or deny anymore, and now our defensive effort, which was helped us survive the poor shooting of late, has really declined the past few games.
It was Oklahoma's largest margin of victory this season, and they have played some very bad teams.

• Sad
What a putrid performance.

We had zero energy to start the game and acted like we thought OU was going to just let us do a walk through win. When we tried to wake up a bit OU punched us hard in the mouth a time or two and we quit.

I would like to know if we can get Dykes taken off of calling any of our games. He's always irked me a bit but I usually shrug it off and roll with it. Today I just could handle it. His calling us Alabama 'Roll Tide' or missed shot by 'Roll Tide' rustles me something fierce. How about Roll Tide dykes get relegated to calling his hogs every week instead of telling us the same crap every time. Joe Dean didn't get on my nerves as bad as this and he was dyed in the wool 'cats blue.

Reactions: BHMButcher
Lets see if Oats can pull the team back from the ledge. There's no hope for us fans. 😥

• Haha
There isn’t an excuse that exists for this effort today. Bama was embarrasEd today no other way to describe it. As a former basketball coach I could take a loss if the effort was there but it was a no show. Huge wake-up call.
This ^^^^. Even great players can have small slumps, but you always have control over the effort you give.

Reactions: lainey2020
I’m not.

He asked what would make the team take them seriously and I answered how I’d look at it as a coach and or a player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT