ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread: No. 6 Alabama at Mississippi State

Happy to get this win, but Bama hasn't played like a top-tier team in about a month. I don't think they will ever get back that stretch where they were hitting everything they threw at the rim but maybe somewhere in between there and where they are now.

First...congrats to our guys on winning SEC!!! What a season so far! Coach has gotten us where I hoped we would be in a couple of years. Great season so far and hoping for a lot more!

Second...we are playing really bad. The SEC is really bad too. This team has to get back to hitting 3’s and playing defense all game. Also hitting shots at the basket would be great! Need our seniors to be better.

Again SEC Champs!

Reactions: anon_z8qxv7qt5719f
Congrats to all of my Bama basketball brothers, it’s been a long time since we could say that we are the SEC Champs in hoops, feels pretty damn good. I wish Krimzn were here to see it.

ROLL DAMN TIDE!!!!

Reactions: vegas man
That is the funniest and most over the top post of the year!
Really it's not; the way Bama has been playing as of late, they could get knocked out in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.

Considering the level of play in January, that would be horrible.

Really it's not; the way Bama has been playing as of late, they could get knocked out in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.

Considering the level of play in January, that would be horrible.
I have to tell you that I thought we were NIT bound in CNOs second year and going deep. We were projected to finish 5th in conference! I think we have overachieved this year thus far!

We better find something before the SEC tournament starts. Maybe the Auburn, or a possible makeup game gives us a chance to improve.

That is the funniest and most over the top post of the year!
Lol if you think we’re going to win the conference tournament and make a 2nd weekend run in the ncaa tournament playing like this then idk what to say. I’m not saying we aren’t capable but we’ve gotta snap out of this funk. It’s been over a month since we were clicking consistently

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Lol if you think we’re going to win the conference tournament and make a 2nd weekend run in the ncaa tournament playing like this then idk what to say. I’m not saying we aren’t capable but we’ve gotta snap out of this funk. It’s been over a month since we were clicking consistently
I’ve never said that in fact you need to check my previous post!

I have to tell you that I thought we were NIT bound in CNOs second year and going deep. We were projected to finish 5th in conference! I think we have overachieved this year thus far!
Now this is likely true, I think for an 8 game stretch we played at a level that propelled us to the top 10 and 1-2 seed type team, but we aren’t playing like that team anymore. Maybe we just actually aren’t that team. I can say we definitely aren’t with Herb and Petty in their current form

Reactions: anon_z8qxv7qt5719f
Now this is likely true, I think for an 8 game stretch we played at a level that propelled us to the top 10 and 1-2 seed type team, but we aren’t playing like that team anymore. Maybe we just actually aren’t that team. I can say we definitely aren’t with Herb and Petty in their current form
i can agree with that and JQ can’t be the leading scorer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great game! Ugly and physical and we survived. Rojas makes the most unlikely 3 of his life. I will thoroughly enjoy this sec championship! Rtr!

Reactions: mowens75
That was just horrendous basketball. Glad we won the conference but it’s not going the right direction right now. If we don’t figure it out NOW then the end of this season will be a failure
Most horrible timing of a negative post ever. 13 other teams would gladly trade positions with Bama tonight.
Roll Tide.

Most horrible timing of a negative post ever. 13 other teams would gladly trade positions with Bama tonight.
Roll Tide.
I’m thrilled just want us to get rolling again. We got an 8 game dose to start league play of a final 4 capable team. Im just hoping we get back playing that way.

ADVERTISEMENT