ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s the real deal with the QB situation

205GoD

All American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2015
@Western Tide elaborated a little bit. Idk if Hurts has narrowed down his choices but here’s the deal.

You hear that Hurts is this cool, calm, collected guy but it’s not necessarily accurate. This situation has brought out his real character. I cant judge him however. This is a kid who was on top of the world and living a dream he’s dreamed of his whole life. Starting QB for the greatest program of all time with the greatest coach. First TrFr to start for him etc. SEC Off POTY, etc. Then, it was all taken away as quick as it came. It’s a future life lesson but not one I don’t think any of us would handle well at 19/20 years old. He’s been a guy hard to deal with since Spring. The media and fans have made it worse but it comes with the territory. Teammates don’t want to touch it. He has his friends in his corner but the elephant in the room has been no one wants to discuss. Kid even cut his hair that should show you he’s mind f’d.

-Here’s where the plot thickens. Dad as you’ve seen with Barnett etc understandably wants to protect his kid as all parents do. Saban is Saban, Bama is Bama, the REC is the REC but Texas high school football is Texas high school football and Texas football. Coach Hurts and all HS ball coaches in Texas know the leverage they have and they will use it as they supply more schools with talent than any other state. They’ve been waiting for a reason along with UT to keep Saban and the SEC out of their state especially after the aTm debacle and Saban turning them down multiple times. HS coaches in Texas don’t think much of people in and from Alabama, I know from living in Houston for a few years and dealing with HS coaches in Texas. They would love to have that power of keeping the likes of Bama and Saban out and they will and already support Coach Hurts.

Tua has been taking 60% of 1st team snaps since after first scrimmage. He’s the starter. Saban is going to play Jalen every game until the aTm game and he’s going to pass the ball so NFL scouts can see he can make the throws and has film showing so (I told you this last week Hurts will throw quite a bit). He will play through December unless there’s an injury then he will play. Tua has shown he is injury prone so this is possible and coaches are afraid of this, another reason Jalen is getting a lot of snaps. They don’t think Mac can lead the team to a championship and need Jalen. Catch 22. It’s going to be Jalen choice is he plays past the aTm game. Don’t be surprised if they say he’s hurt etc if you don’t see him, Saban won’t say.

IMO, Saban would normally stick with Jalen but putting Tua in the NC game made it impossible for recruiting because it would show he doesn’t play the best player. Also, pulling Jalen showed he was ruthless and win no matter what and wasn’t loyal. Recruiting will be vital as Saban ages another reason the ESPN doc was done.

Many players on the team are still confused as to why Saban hasn’t just named Tua a starter but even they don’t know what I just told you guys. Guys like Ridley were upset last year and challenged Jalen and coaches about playing Tua.

One player to not worry about is Tua. Tua, being a good hearted guy has pushed for Jalen to be able to play more and more and is more than willing to split time. He and his family are simply humbled at the opportunity. Us on the mainland are what we are and what the media and social media have created in this society. It’s always been there just magnified these days. Not a generational thing as I am a millennial just in your face nowadays. Tua looks at Jalen like family. Tua relates to many guys on the team.

Do not judge either of these young guys. It just is what it is. TIFWIW. No one knows how this will play out but will be an interesting season. Either QB won’t reach their potential until they are getting all the first team reps Tua or Jalen. Don’t bash either, this is why I haven’t shared this.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News