ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Instead of trying to call out Coach K

G.O.A.T-23

All American
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2019
Maybe Oats should have begged him to sit in on a coaching clinic. They might not win the NC, but Coach K is the man.

Changed his defense to a 3-2 midway through the 2nd half even though they have rarely played that defense this year.

I heard him say he listen to the analytics but coaches off his feel for the game.

Maybe Oats should have begged him to sit in on a coaching clinic. They might not win the NC, but Coach K is the man.

Changed his defense to a 3-2 midway through the 2nd half even though they have rarely played that defense this year.

I heard him say he listen to the analytics but coaches off his feel for the game.
Ouch! 😎 🍻

Go be a Duke fan then. Oats was right. His ass didn't want to make adjustments when his team sucked, he wanted to guit smdh.....

Reactions: pfaud001
I thought the team ask him to change the defense, or did I read that article wrong? Coach k is one of the greatest to do it and oats can learn a lot from him.

Go be a Duke fan then. Oats was right. His ass didn't want to make adjustments when his team sucked, he wanted to guit smdh.....
This is dumb ass fück; Coach K is in the argument for GOAT CBB coach and morons think he was scared to play a season because he didn't have one of his better teams.

If some coach who has never accomplished anything worthwhile had said something like this about Saban, everyone here would be losing their ever loving minds../

This is dumb ass fück; Coach K is in the argument for GOAT CBB coach and morons think he was scared to play a season because he didn't have one of his better teams.

If some coach who has never accomplished anything worthwhile had said something like this about Saban, everyone here would be losing their ever loving minds../
It’s not really worth arguing about. I thought oats was advocating for his team and coach k was in a much different place with his team.

Id have no problem calling him out.

Likewise I’d have no problem with a younger coach calling saban out for the letter he wrote to senator Manchin

Reactions: winin11

It’s not like it was about coaching or his team lol. K wanted the season cancelled and Oats said screw that. The nerve

It’s not really worth arguing about. I thought oats was advocating for his team and coach k was in a much different place with his team.

Likewise I’d have no problem with a younger coach calling saban out for the letter he wrote to senator Manchin
“You guys make everything about oats” - OP in another thread 30 minutes ago
Coach K had legit concerns about playing the season due to Covid, concerns that he had brought up even BEFORE the season started. Coach K wasn't the only one btw to question if the season should be played. Oats ignorantly insinuated that the only reason Coach K wanted to season postponed was because Duke had just lost two games.

Again, if for whatever reason Saban thought the season should not be played and some coach who couldn't hold his jock strap said it was only because he's afraid his team isn't as good as they usually are, you all would have lost your minds.

I'll give Oats credit; he did come back with his tail tucked between his legs and apologized but he has shown a propensity to run off at the mouth before thinking.

Saban didn't write a letter to Manchin. He simply simply endorsed the content of the letter.

Saban didn't write a letter to Manchin. He simply simply endorsed the content of the letter.
I hear you / Semantics/ poor choice of words .. he co-signed it. Then Tagliabue omitted a footnote about the filibuster that Saban was promised .

Politics are a dirty business.

Coach K had legit concerns about playing the season due to Covid, concerns that he had brought up even BEFORE the season started. Coach K wasn't the only one btw to question if the season should be played. Oats ignorantly insinuated that the only reason Coach K wanted to season postponed was because Duke had just lost two games.

Again, if for whatever reason Saban thought the season should not be played and some coach who couldn't hold his jock strap said it was only because he's afraid his team isn't as good as they usually are, you all would have lost your minds.

I'll give Oats credit; he did come back with his tail tucked between his legs and apologized but he has shown a propensity to run off at the mouth before thinking.
He had legit concerns because he is old af, and the most vulnerable. As for worrying about the health of the players, there was no concern. I am glad Oats called out the old bastard. I just wish he had stood by it. What Oats said was absolutely true. Coach K wouldn’t have said crap if he hadn’t lost 2 games at home. He may be the goat, but he is a douche. No way Saban does a farewell tour like K.

He had legit concerns because he is old af, and the most vulnerable. As for worrying about the health of the players, there was no concern. I am glad Oats called out the old bastard. I just wish he had stood by it. What Oats said was absolutely true. Coach K wouldn’t have said crap if he hadn’t lost 2 games at home. He may be the goat, but he is a douche. No way Saban does a farewell tour like K.
Coach K was concerned for not only his player's health but his player's FAMILY health. He didn't think it was a good idea to put those kids in a bubble for 6-7 months.

Oats wasn't close to being right; Coach K did not question if the season should be played just because he lost a couple of games. It's laughable even to insinuate that was the case. It would not have been the first time he has lost a couple of games early and gone on to one of his 12 Final Four in route to one of his 5 National Championships.

That old AF coach would still coach circles around Oats any day of the week....

Reactions: majorwood482
Coach K was concerned for not only his player's health but his player's FAMILY health. He didn't think it was a good idea to put those kids in a bubble for 6-7 months.

Oats wasn't close to being right; Coach K did not question if the season should be played just because he lost a couple of games. It's laughable even to insinuate that was the case. It would not have been the first time he has lost a couple of games early and gone on to one of his 12 Final Four in route to one of his 5 National Championships.

That old AF coach would still coach circles around Oats any day of the week....
Would never know if you were his AD. He would’ve been long gone. I have close friends who are huge Duke fans and they constantly complain about K’s decisions and roster management. I call them morons… all fanbases are the same

But Oats has accomplished something: an SEC regular season title and tourney title.

Would never know if you were his AD. He would’ve been long gone. I have close friends who are huge Duke fans and they constantly complain about K’s decisions and roster management. I call them morons… all fanbases are the same
Not true; I have consistently said you have to give a coach at least 5 years. Before I changed my mind about Avery, I used Coach K as an example on this board when arguing Avery deserved another year.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
But Oats has accomplished something: an SEC regular season title and tourney title.
At the time he ran off at the mouth, he hadn't accomplished a thing worthwhile. And even that is nothing compared to all that Coach K has done.

Oats can say a lot of things but calling people out about adjustments wouldn’t be one of them.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
At the time he ran off at the mouth, he hadn't accomplished a thing worthwhile. And even that is nothing compared to all that Coach K has done.
Coach K had one of his worst teams and if you think that didn't enter the equation, you've got your head in the sand. Oats was defending to preserve the season, and as good as Coach K has been, he had ulterior motives imo.
CNO went on to have one of the most successful years in decades in his second year at Bama.

Coach K had one of his worst teams and if you think that didn't enter the equation, you've got your head in the sand. Oats was defending to preserve the season, and as good as Coach K has been, he had ulterior motives imo.
CNO went on to have one of the most successful years in decades in his second year at Bama.
You think Oats could fight to preserve the season without going after Coach K?

Do you think Saban would not want to play the season just because he didn't have one of his best teams? That basically what you and Oats idiotically implied.

It was early in the season and no way a legendary coach like Coach K would give up on a season for “ulterior motives.” Not to mention the most important detail is that he said the same thing BEFORE the season started.

Coach K also has had 25 seasons that shits on the “most successful” season in years that Oats had. I'm not even sure why I'm taking some of y'all replies seriously; no one outside of Alabama fans thinks this way.

Reactions: BHMButcher
he was asked about it specifically. Wtf are we even still talking about this 15 months later for? We get that y’all dislike his personality and think he’s a meanie
I think he’s arrogant and needs to learn he doesn’t know everything. Nothing wrong with learning from people who have done it before and done it well.

I think he’s arrogant and needs to learn he doesn’t know everything. Nothing wrong with learning from people who have done it before and done it well.
Ok but he was asked if the season should be cancelled and given K’s quote and disagreed with K’s stance on it. Oats on the court has plenty to learn but he’s a great guy off of it

Ok but he was asked if the season should be cancelled and given K’s quote and disagreed with K’s stance on it. Oats on the court has plenty to learn but he’s a great guy off of it
You think a coach could take a question and not answer it? Or dodge it? Or be really careful how he answers it? That’s what they do, all the time.
All I’ve heard off the court all year is him blame the players over and over and over.

Tell me what I just said that isn’t true.
A coach doesn’t have to answer every question and he sure doesn’t have to say exactly what he thinks.
And he blamed the players all season long.
Which one of those is false?
This is unreal honestly… he didn’t even question his coaching. He came back later and apologized and said he felt sick to his stomach after he said it and praised K. Holy shit…

This is unreal honestly… he didn’t even question his coaching. He came back later and apologized and said he felt sick to his stomach after he said it and praised K. Holy shit…
Be better to question his coaching than what he questioned. He should have felt sick. But he had no choice but apologize. I guarantee somebody that worked for the University of Alabama told him he had no choice.

Be better to question his coaching than what he questioned. He should have felt sick. But he had no choice but apologize. I guarantee somebody that worked for the University of Alabama told him he had no choice.
Yeah his coaching really sucks… can’t wait to get rid of him

Where does it say that? You haven’t responded with anything that makes what I said wrong. Prove me wrong.
Prove you wrong? You’re not stating anything that’s demonstrably true or false…. Just spouting bs opinions. How can I prove you wrong?

You serious? That’s terrible PR. You don’t know how this stuff works.
It’s true actually I remember it being quite a stir after his comments. Either way. He apologized… seemed genuine, and our own fans seem to be the only ones still bringing it up a year and a half later.

It’s true actually I remember it being quite a stir after his comments. Either way. He apologized… seemed genuine, and our own fans seem to be the only ones still bringing it up a year and a half later.
I’m not bringing it up. But I disagree with anyone saying it wasn’t a stupid thing to say or do. And that’s all I was doing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT