ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Instead of trying to call out Coach K

Prove you wrong? You’re not stating anything that’s demonstrably true or false…. Just spouting bs opinions. How can I prove you wrong?
Say something that makes some sense? Just disagreeing with what I say isn’t an opinion.
You really think people at the University didn’t spend some time with Oats about his comments and help him come up with what he was going to say in his “apology?”
Oats needs to learn how to use the media and not just spout off whatever’s in his mind.
For example, JQ was the only one at the shoot around. That was stupid. Just say, JQ put in some extra time and got up some extra shots.
Or constantly blaming the players after every loss.
He has no clue what to say or when to say it. He needs to learn. And what have you seen from him that makes you think he’s willing to adjust and learn from someone else?

Ok but he was asked if the season should be cancelled and given K’s quote and disagreed with K’s stance on it. Oats on the court has plenty to learn but he’s a great guy off of it
You can disagree with his stance without implying that the only reason Coach K doesn't think the season should start when it did was because Duke lost a couple of games. Big difference, he attacked Coach K's motives without even knowing him.

Say something that makes some sense? Just disagreeing with what I say isn’t an opinion.
You really think people at the University didn’t spend some time with Oats about his comments and help him come up with what he was going to say in his “apology?”
Oats needs to learn how to use the media and not just spout off whatever’s in his mind.
For example, JQ was the only one at the shoot around. That was stupid. Just say, JQ put in some extra time and got up some extra shots.
He has no clue what to say or when to say it. He needs to learn. And what have you seen from him that makes you think he’s willing to adjust and learn from someone else?
Oats was like a division 3 basketball player, then HS math teacher and coach, worked his way up to college, and 7 years into his college head coaching career has 2 sweet 16s and a SEC regular season and tournament championship. I would say those things don’t just come to a guy who is unwilling to learn and grow as a coach/person. When held up against perfection, all of humanity has failed in a constant and significant way. It’s odd imo to just repeatedly nail the guy to the wall over such a trivial matter. He’s our basketball coach and working his tail off to try to get this program to a level it has never seen

Just have to say “ blame the player” again. Obsession.

You are way too full of yourself on this issue.

I’ve seen him win two conference championships and go to two tournaments including a sweet 16 in three years. Nothing else needs to be said.

Reactions: pfaud001
I’ve seen him win two conference championships and go to two tournaments including a sweet 16 in three years. Nothing else needs to be said.
One conference championship and one conference tournament championship in the same season. He didn't come close in his other two seasons as HC. Not close at all...

OH MY GOD. We are being trolled extremely hard Lou lol
Well let’s talk it out. Forget that Oats won an SEC Championship, since the guy he called out has won 5 national championships.
Do you think it’s a good idea for Oats to question Coach K’s motives with the virus issue in the press for the entire world to hear?

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Well let’s talk it out. Forget that Oats won an SEC Championship, since the guy he called out has won 5 national championships.
Do you think it’s a good idea for Oats to question Coach K’s motives with the virus issue in the press for the entire world to hear?
Just being honest I don’t give a shit. Sure it’s bad PR, but is it something to hold a grudge on the guy for this long? No

You said you are living in a present…. We are in a thread about something that happened a year and a half ago that you still haven’t gotten over
I knew you’d say that. This is the present. I got on here and read your post from today. How much more present does that get?

You said you are living in the present…. We are in a thread about something that happened a year and a half ago that you still haven’t gotten over
To be fair, I started the thread after watching the masterful coaching job of one of the GOATs to help his team win and advance. He changed into a defense his team hasn't run much because they needed a defensive answer.

As I was watching all I could think about was our coach actually had the fücking nerve to say this man was scared to play the season, a man who shits on him as a coach...

To be fair, I started the thread after watching the masterful coaching job of one of the GOATs to help his team win and advance. He changed into a defense his team hasn't run much because they needed a defensive answer.

As I was watching all I could think about was our coach actually had the fücking nerve to say this man was scared to play the season, a man who shits on him as a coach...
Well living in the present and harping on those comments don’t exactly go hand in hand. Also nobody is claiming oats is in the stratosphere of ever will be in the stratosphere of coach K. Y’all just can’t help but take constant jabs at oats

One conference championship and one conference tournament championship in the same season. He didn't come close in his other two seasons as HC. Not close at all...
Right. So that one season in his three years was the first time in 30 years… so his other two seasons were similar to the other 30 years, except the whole 6 seed in the tournament thing.

who have I called a nobody? Are these comments the root of your constant criticism for the guy?
Nobody cared about the comments is what you said. You just said that bc you didn’t care. That doesn’t mean nobody cared. Or in your mind, anybody that cared is nobody.

Classy. Let it go. This is getting ridiculous. You hate Oats. We get it. Move on. Good God.

Right. So that one season in his three years was the first time in 30 years… so his other two seasons were similar to the other 30 years, except the whole 6 seed in the tournament thing.
And completely mismanaged a team that should have been much better than a 6 seed and gone further than getting bounced in the first round.

Reactions: jtr4dad
Classy. Let it go. This is getting ridiculous. You hate Oats. We get it. Move on. Good God.
My thoughts exactly, real classy of Oats.

Also, no one is forcing you to be ITT. 90% of the posts on this site I never open...

And completely mismanaged a team that should have been much better than a 6 seed and gone further than getting bounced in the first round.
You have an unhealthy obsession with Oats and to be right about everything.

Oat’s lost this team. We were not the same team in Feb/March that beat Gonzaga, Houston, and Baylor. The players didn’t want to play for him anymore.

What about this team should have been better than a 6 seed? I got blasted on this board a month into the season for saying we were the most overrated team in the history of CBB. This bunch of no shooters played so far over their head it’s unbelievable.

I also want to be clear with what I am about to say because not in a million years am I trying to say that Oats is or ever will be like Coach K because though a whiny bitch he is still one of the greatest to ever coach the game, but some trying to compare what Oats has done in 3 years at Bama compared to Coach K’s many many years is just not remotely fair. Coach K was 38-47 his first 3 years at Duke with 1 tourney appearance and 2 years before he arrived the Blue Devils played for the National Championship. Oat’s first 3 years at Bama he was 61-36 with 2 tournament appearances so to compare the 2 to me would be like trying to compare PJ Fleck to Nick Saban.

Believe me when I say that there are things that CNO does that make me scratch my head, but having been a season ticket holder for 35 years and having to sit thru the Hobbs, Grant, Johnson and Gottfried years though there were some good basketball teams mixed in there, but for the most part were brutal.

The way this season ended was very disappointing to me, but I would be lying if I said that I did not like the direction the program is heading in. Two straight tourney appearances and the number 4 recruiting class in America gives me much hope for the future of Alabama basketball.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Don’t like Duke at all but Coach K is one of the greatest coaches of all time in any sport. Glad he is ending his career with a great run.

What about this team should have been better than a 6 seed? I got blasted on this board a month into the season for saying we were the most overrated team in the history of CBB. This bunch of no shooters played so far over their head it’s unbelievable.

I also want to be clear with what I am about to say because not in a million years am I trying to say that Oats is or ever will be like Coach K because though a whiny bitch he is still one of the greatest to ever coach the game, but some trying to compare what Oats has done in 3 years at Bama compared to Coach K’s many many years is just not remotely fair. Coach K was 38-47 his first 3 years at Duke with 1 tourney appearance and 2 years before he arrived the Blue Devils played for the National Championship. Oat’s first 3 years at Bama he was 61-36 with 2 tournament appearances so to compare the 2 to me would be like trying to compare PJ Fleck to Nick Saban.

Believe me when I say that there are things that CNO does that make me scratch my head, but having been a season ticket holder for 35 years and having to sit thru the Hobbs, Grant, Johnson and Gottfried years though there were some good basketball teams mixed in there, but for the most part were brutal.

The way this season ended was very disappointing to me, but I would be lying if I said that I did not like the direction the program is heading in. Two straight tourney appearances and the number 4 recruiting class in America gives me much hope for the future of Alabama basketball.

ROLL TIDE!!!!
I'm not trying to compare his career to Coach K to show he doesn't match up; anyone who follows CBB can tell you that without thinking about it. It's the fact he doesn't come close to measuring up and he had the nerve to falsely accuse Coach K of only wanting to shut down the season because he had lost a couple of games.

The point was if someone that's his level of a coach in CFB would have done the same to Saban, everyone here would have lost their minds.

As for this team, you don't beat Baylor, Houston, Tennessee and Gonzaga in the same season if you don't have talent. There are other ways to win basketball games than to shoot a shit ton of 3s every game. He managed this team very poorly because these guys are not a bunch of 3 point shooters; that doesn't mean they can't do anything else well enough to win games.

I'm not trying to compare his career to Coach K to show he doesn't match up; anyone who follows CBB can tell you that without thinking about it. It's the fact he doesn't come close to measuring up and he had the nerve to falsely accuse Coach K of only wanting to shut down the season because he had lost a couple of games.

The point was if someone that's his level of a coach in CFB would have done the same to Saban, everyone here would have lost their minds.

As for this team, you don't beat Baylor, Houston, Tennessee and Gonzaga in the same season if you don't have talent. There are other ways to win basketball games than to shoot a shit ton of 3s every game. He managed this team very poorly because these guys are not a bunch of 3 point shooters; that doesn't mean they can't do anything else well enough to win games.
Someone could easily say this team overperformed and oats squeezed the absolute best out of them to beat those teams… we’re in the world of complete subjectivity here

Reactions: budog and pfaud001
This team should not have been higher than a 6 seed. You have nothing to base that on
A normal 6 seed doesn't have wins over Gonzaga, Houston, Tennessee, and Baylor all in the same season. That along shows they have a lot of talent on this team. If Oats knew was a better game day coach, one who had a second or third pitch, this team should have been no worse than a 3 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT