ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Brown (Transfer from Lafayette)

bwillis2110

All Conference
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2007
@Jordan Harper Any chance Bama can get this guy? Jordan Brown 6'11" former McDonalds All American that has played at Arizona, Nevada, and Louisiana Lafayette. Averaged 19ppg and 8rpg.

Reactions: bet9
Watched Brown play against Troy and again at the SBC tournament this year. He is just a player who knows how to play and score. Not a runner not sure his wheels are in the best condition. Brown is a “Joker” type big. Single defend him anywhere close to the paint and he’ll beat ya. Double him and he will make an assist worthy pass. Not sure if he can defend all that well. Troy’s big had a great game against him in Troy. Brown and Kaluma are not similar at all. I’d love to have both plus Nelson. But if I had an order of choice Nelson 1 Kaluma 2 Brown somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5 RTR

Watched Brown play against Troy and again at the SBC tournament this year. He is just a player who knows how to play and score. Not a runner not sure his wheels are in the best condition. Brown is a “Joker” type big. Single defend him anywhere close to the paint and he’ll beat ya. Double him and he will make an assist worthy pass. Not sure if he can defend all that well. Troy’s big had a great game against him in Troy. Brown and Kaluma are not similar at all. I’d love to have both plus Nelson. But if I had an order of choice Nelson 1 Kaluma 2 Brown somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5 RTR
Thanks for this info my friend.

Reactions: bet9 and uagolffan
Watched him play against Tennessee in the tournament. I was pretty impressed, went back and checked he had 16 and 7 against them on 7-12 shooting which against Tennessee last year was impressive.

Brown's D needs a lot of work, but yeah, he's tough to stop near the basket.

Reactions: bet9 and lainey2020
Since we only have 1 scholarship available, I have to ask...has Sherrell decided to enroll next fall or is this bad news on Nelson? It has to be one of the two situations for them to be involved with Brown, correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: bet9
Since we only have 1 scholarship available, I have to ask...has Sherrill decided to enroll next fall or is this bad news on Nelson? It has to be one of the two situations for them to be involved with Brown, correct?
Not necessarily. I just don’t think you can hold the spot hoping Sherell reclasses. If he has committed to reclassing that’s one thing, but it seems as if he’s unsure. I don’t think you can pass on a guy like Brown if Sherell is unsure.

Hypothetically, sherell could reclass, not play a minute, and then declare for the draft and we get nothing from him.

Sherrell won’t be reclassifying as his grades aren’t good enough to do so.

On the Brown front, I have heard we have reached out recently to him. It’s just tough to convince a guy to come when you’ve filled all other 12 spots. There’s a need for a center no doubt, but I’m not sure Alabama will land Brown. Would have the best roster in the SEC if they do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT