ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats fires back at Coach K's call to pause college basketball

Ok so you don't read them. Had you actually read them you would have read me say in several posts I agree with Oats that the season should be played.

My issue with Oats was never his stance on if we should play but the little bitch way he went about taking shots at a man that has done more for that game than he ever will.

Oats accused him of not wanting to play because he's lost a couple of games, despite the fact Coach K held this opinion before the season even started.

Also it's not an opinion that Coach K shits on Oats when it comes to accomplishments on the court.
Your original post stated your true take and you continue to try and change it to hide your stupidity. I don’t care if Mother Teresa agrees with you and Coach K. They are mortals with opinions on issues that they are not experts in. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion and you, I, coach K, and Oats are all equal in that.

Coach Oats can't hold Coach K’s jockstrap; he is not even remotely close to that man's category as a coach. Coach K has had two home losses early in the season before and still gone on to Final Fours, Oats need to worry about winning a state title first.

this was your statement and it does not matter what Coach K has accomplished, his opinion is worth the same as Oats unless it relates to how to win championships.

Your original post stated your true take and you continue to try and change it to hide your stupidity. I don’t care if Mother Teresa agrees with you and Coach K. They are mortals with opinions on issues that they are not experts in. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion and you, I, coach K, and Oats are all equal in that.

this was your statement and it does not matter what Coach K has accomplished, his opinion is worth the same as Oats unless it relates to how to win championships.
And I have not backed down from that statement. It is still about the way Oats attacked the motive of Coach K, not that fact he disagrees with if the season should be played. Coach K>>>>>>>>>>Coach Oats.

If Coach K said his concern is for the players I believe him; especially since he made the same statement before the season. His track record tells me he can coach any team to a successful season, two early losses to a coach like him is nothing.

And I have not backed down from that statement. It is still about the way Oats attacked the motive of Coach K, not that fact he disagrees with if the season should be played. Coach K>>>>>>>>>>Coach Oats.

If Coach K said his concern is for the players I believe him; especially since he made the same statement before the season. His track record tells me he can coach any team to a successful season, two early losses to a coach like him is nothing.
Lol. That was not your original point and it was clear that Oats addressed the point that WE SHOULD PLAY in response to K’s lame reasons not to do so. You really have an inferiority complex that you take everything personal when it is not.

Lol. That was not your original point and it was clear that Oats addressed the point that WE SHOULD PLAY in response to K’s lame reasons not to do so. You really have an inferiority complex that you take everything personal when it is not.
I'm sorry about your comprehensive problems.

It looks to me that Oats should have been more concerned with what's going on in his gym. I am really starting to wonder if he is not the Gus Mazahn of basketball. Can only coach this hurry up style if offend and if it's not working he doesn't have a clue how to coach any other way to grind out a win.

It looks to me that Oats should have been more concerned with what's going on in his gym. I am really starting to wonder if he is not the Gus Mazahn of basketball. Can only coach this hurry up style if offend and if it's not working he doesn't have a clue how to coach any other way to grind out a win.
He is certainly no Avery Johnson. Hey, we knew what to expect and he will not change. He does have to be more successful or he will be gone in 4-5 years like the last few.

He is certainly no Avery Johnson. Hey, we knew what to expect and he will not change. He does have to be more successful or he will be gone in 4-5 years like the last few.
So far he hasn't proven to be any better than Avery, sure his teams score more on occasions but the win/loss record had not improved.

No way he gets 4-5 more years with the results he's getting. Grant was the best coach Alabama has had since Wimp and like idiots they were bit patient enough to let him build.

So far he hasn't proven to be any better than Avery, sure his teams score more on occasions but the win/loss record had not improved.

No way he gets 4-5 more years with the results he's getting. Grant was the best coach Alabama has had since Wimp and like idiots they were bit patient enough to let him build.

You are on drugs if you think the product Grant put on the floor was any good. If you liked our offense ( if you want to call it that) where you had to have permission to shoot the ball after we pass the ball around the court 20 times (usually resulting in a turnover at mid-court) then I question what you think basketball should look like. I'm not sure you shouldn't be on the Duke board with your loyalties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthony Grant had plenty of time at Alabama to draw up a half-court inbounds play and half-court press breaker.

The best coach we've had since Coach Sanderson was CMG, but even he got to a point of stubbornness on using the High Post and we couldn't beat a full-court press.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are on drugs if you think the product Grant put on the floor was any good. If you liked our offense ( if you want to call it that) where you had to have permission to shoot the ball after we pass the ball around the court 20 times (usually resulting in a turnover at mid-court) then I question what you think basketball should look like. I'm not sure you shouldn't be on the Duke board with your loyalties.
I like winning; he worked with what he had and played a style that he felt could get the best out of their talents. They didn't have to pass the ball around before shooting but they did look for the best shoot.

Last couple year he has shown how good a coach he is. He had a team last year that could have made a run at the Final Four. His last couple teams at Dayton would have run Bama off the floor.

I like winning; he worked with what he had and played a style that he felt could get the best out of their talents. They didn't have to pass the ball around before shooting but they did look for the best shoot.

Last couple year he has shown how good a coach he is. He had a team last year that could have made a run at the Final Four. His last couple teams at Dayton would have run Bama off the floor.

6 Years is plenty of time to build your program. That's all that needs to be said about Anthony Grant's tenure at Alabama.

6 Years is plenty of time to build your program. That's all that needs to be said about Anthony Grant's tenure at Alabama.
And look at his record in those 6 years; he got screwed out of making the tourney a couple of years. I would take Grant today over the Oats I've seen the last year plus.

And look at his record in those 6 years; he got screwed out of making the tourney a couple of years. I would take Grant today over the Oats I've seen the last year plus.
There has to be another reason why you like him. It wasn't for what he produced on the court. CMG produced a lot better product until his final 2 or 3 years at Alabama.

” I would like to address one thing here that's important," Boeheim said in his postgame press conference after the Orange defeated Boston College 101-63 Saturday. "First of all, everybody knows Mike Krzyzewski is a friend of mine. But Mike said in the summer and September, and October that we should delay the season. For some young coach who should know better, but didn't, to suggest that Mike Krzyzewski didn't want to play because he lost a couple games? Yeah, he's only won 1,100. Anybody who knows anything about college basketball knows that Mike Krzyzewski said that in the very beginning. In the very beginning, looking into a delay of the season, a delay of the tournament.”

From Coach Jim Boeheim who also went on to say he disagreed with Coach K and thought the season should go on as planned.

Like I said a million times ITT, it's Oats ridiculous attack on Coach K’s motive that makes him look like a moron.

There has to be another reason why you like him. It wasn't for what he produced on the court. CMG produced a lot better product until his final 2 or 3 years at Alabama.
I doubt it if his last couple years was better than CAG. But I will say CMG was a better coach at Alabama than CAJ and CNO. Without looking it up I think their winning percentage ranks probably either CAJ or CMG first and the other second, followed by CAJ with CNO bringing up the rear at this point.

I doubt it if his last couple years was better than CAG. But I will say CMG was a better coach at Alabama than CAJ and CNO. Without looking it up I think their winning percentage ranks probably either CAJ or CMG first and the other second, followed by CAJ with CNO bringing up the rear at this point.
CMG has better winning percentage than Grant. Pretty much Oats and Grant had a similar first season. We'll see where it goes from here.

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Don't you think this comment is a little over the top?
It did not bother me. I have read a lot about Coach K and I think less of him than some. He is without a doubt an excellent coach but he is not my cup of tea as a person. Nate just expressed his view in a candid response. I agree with him. He was gracious in his apology even if I don’t think it was required. Not a big deal.

It did not bother me. I have read a lot about Coach K and I think less of him than some. He is without a doubt an excellent coach but he is not my cup of tea as a person. Nate just expressed his view in a candid response. I agree with him. He was gracious in his apology even if I don’t think it was required. Not a big deal.
Were you asking about affirmative action or Coach K?

ADVERTISEMENT