ADVERTISEMENT

Our country needs to unite

UA4ever

All Conference
Aug 10, 2005
I'm struggling with this whole issue. I have decided to boycott the NFL and quit watching and this is sad because I love the game so much.
I do try to see both sides of the argument but to me if the players really want to take a stand then why don't they use their own personal money and fame to really target their purpose?
Why can't we see that several countries (Cuba, Puerto Rico, and others have been completely devastated by the recent hurricanes and try to focus on helping them rebuild?
Everyone wants to blame Trump (and yes his remarks were uncalled for) and our president should be focused on bigger issues like running the country, but this division amongst the people of the US actually started under Obama. I for one would never kneel during the Anthem no matter what because I know that the flag stands for much more than freedom of speech it is a symbol of all those that laid their life down for you and me.
I can also say with certainty that if I did anything that caused the company I work for grief or bad press I would be fired on the spot. The NFL is a company and a job and does have the right to decide what the company policies are and I just can't believe the NFL hasn't clued in that the reason their ratings are down is because America is tired of all the drama.
If the NFL can't step up, I wish the media would just take the spotlight off those players that are not standing but of course the media lives to keep things in turmoil because it is a story to talk about.
Sorry for the rant, and know this is probably not the right forum for such type of discussions but it has really bothered me and this was the first Sunday for me without football.
If this offended anyone, well just know that you have the right to not read this :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News