ADVERTISEMENT

This situation

Bamachete

All Conference
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2013
I would love to see a video and separate fact from fiction. Allegedly a player was asked and brought the loaded handgun to the scene. Also, allegedly 2 players blocked/slowed down the vehicle before shots were fired. If true, why weren’t they kicked off the team immediately?

Reactions: MickSabinII
I would love to see a video and separate fact from fiction. Allegedly a player was asked and brought the loaded handgun to the scene. Also, allegedly 2 players blocked/slowed down the vehicle before shots were fired. If true, why weren’t they kicked off the team immediately?
Is there anything that is legally keeping Miller and or Bradley from holding a PC tomorrow and clearing everything up for the public??

Reactions: bet9
This was my original reaction, too, from the first article I read, but it seems new information has come in refuting that Miller and/or Bradley were at the scene at the time of the incident, and they did not park their cars to intentionally block the vehicle the young lady was in that was shot. While this whole thing looks bad, and is an awful tragedy, if the new information is true, it definitely changes the dynamic of Miller and Bradley’s involvement, and may explain why neither was suspended or charged by the police.

Last edited:
Codie, I have read each of your comments in the various threads and have agreed with your points, especially with the latest that Miller left the scene before the shooting. If Miller just dropped off the gun and left without knowing what was going on, I think he is far less culpable than if he had stuck around knowing what was happening.

Reactions: bet9 and Codie B
Codie, I have read each of your comments in the various threads and have agreed with your points, especially with the latest that Miller left the scene before the shooting. If Miller just dropped off the gun and left without knowing what was going on, I think he is far less culpable than if he had stuck around knowing what was happening.
Well, I feel bad for my original post, because I was naive enough to believe the original story posted. I should know better with today’s media, but it was made to seem that all the words on it came from the DA’s mouth, which was not the case. I am definitely not anti-gun, but it still floors me that kids going out for an evening of partying feel a need to carry a handgun like it is no big deal. Back when I was in school, I didn’t have one friend or acquaintance that ever even conveyed the thought of carrying a handgun around with them when we went out. This situation is just sad in so many ways.

I am definitely not anti-gun, but it still floors me that kids going out for an evening of partying feel a need to carry a handgun like it is no big deal.
You serious Clark? If I am out at 2 AM with a bunch of 20-25 year old party goers I'm fairly certain multiple people are carrying.

You serious Clark? If I am out at 2 AM with a bunch of 20-25 year old party goers I'm fairly certain multiple people are carrying.
I guess times have really changed, because when and where I went to college in the late 80’s/early 90’s, I never knew or saw anyone with a gun when we went out. Young, immature people, getting drunk, and carrying firearms just screams potential disaster to me.

Yes, an active criminal court case.
Mick friend you have been mighty judgmental in other post. Already it has been determined that the original story of one, so-called, Al.com reporter are not what was testified. With what was reported, I don’t know why Miles was charged, much less bound over. All I know at this time is that a woman is dead. There are two bullet holes in Miller’s window. Miller brought his car back to the seen, where a hidden weapon was retrieved, following getting a call saying that his teammate and friend was in fear for his life. There appears to have been an altercation in a bar. Miller and Bradley went and got Miles and friend and went to get something to eat. Later the altercation continued in the street. Davis was drunk in the street dancing, when Johnson started an argument. Davis was probably highly intoxicated and went to the car and retrieved the gun. Shots were fired into Miller’s car and Miles got his girlfriend out of the way as a gunfight ensued between Johnson and Davis. He video, which is taken from Miller’s Dashcam and the Houndstooth cameras will tell the real story. In the interim shooting into a car and killing someone is defined as capital murder in Alabama. I need to see the video, the tox reports, the ballistics reports and witness statements before I form an opinion. You, like the National Press and Al.com have tried and convicted Miles, Miller, Bradley, Oats and the Alabama Basketball program, without a day in Court.

I will be among the first to sy that I do not like what I have heard, so far, but I have not heard a criminal charge against Miller, Bradley and Oats, and I am not sure, after today, that I have heard a criminal charge against Miles. I will go so far as to say that if Miles was not a basketball player, he would not have been charged. Just for information, I have been a Police Officer, a BarTender, a Lawyer for 49 years, an SP, an Investigator, and a prosecutor. I have handed over 50 murder cases, Both sides. Just for information, most people know that I don’t usually discuss my politics, but I served for four years in a Presidential Administration and Lainey is probably the only one that can name the President.

I read the Warrant, and I can tell you that if the Police Officer had given the Magistrate the facts he testified to today and that he had on the day of the homicide, Miles would have been arrested. There will have to be evidence that Miles knew Davis intended to shoot someone, when Miles told Davis where to find the weapon. The bullet holes in Miller’s window and the ballistics report is going to be critical to this case and Miles defense. If I was the DA I might drop the case on Miles in order to get the Davis conviction, if the ballistics match Johnson’s weapon To the holes in Miller’s window.

Last edited:
Mick friend you have been mighty judgmental in other post. Already it has been determined that the original story of one, so-called, Al.com reporter are not what was testified. With what was reported, I don’t know why Miles was charged, much less bound over. All I know at this time is that a woman is dead. There are two bullet holes in Miller’s window. Miller brought his car back to the seen, where a hidden weapon was retrieved, following getting a call saying that his teammate and friend was in fear for his life. There appears to have been an altercation in a bar. Miller and Bradley went and got Miles and friend and went to get something to eat. Later the altercation continued in the street. Davis was drunk in the street dancing, when Johnson started an argument. Davis was probably highly intoxicated and went to the car and retrieved the gun. Shots were fired into Miller’s car and Miles got his girlfriend out of the way as a gunfight ensued between Johnson and Davis. He video, which is taken from Miller’s Dashcam and the Houndstooth cameras will tell the real story. In the interim shooting into a car and killing someone is defined as capital murder in Alabama. I need to see the video, the tox reports, the ballistics reports and witness statements before I form an opinion. You, like the National Press and Al.com have tried and convicted Miles, Miller, Bradley, Oats and the Alabama Basketball program, without a day in Court.

I will be among the first to sy that I do not like what I have heard, so far, but I have not heard a criminal charge against Miller, Bradley and Oats, and I am not sure, after today, that I have heard a criminal charge against Miles. I will go so far as to say that if Miles was not a basketball player, he would not have been charged. Just for information, I have been a Police Officer, a BarTender, a Lawyer for 49 years, an SP, an Investigator, and a prosecutor. I have handed over 50 murder cases, Both sides. Just for information, most people know that I don’t usually discuss my politics, but I served for four years in a Presidential Administration and Lainey is probably the only one that can name the President.

I read the Warrant, and I can tell you that if the Police Officer had given the Magistrate the facts he testified to today and that he had on the day of the homicide, Miles would have been arrested. There will have to be evidence that Miles knew Davis intended to shoot someone, when Miles told Davis where to find the weapon. The bullet holes in Miller’s window and the ballistics report is going to be critical to this case and Miles defense. If I was the DA I might drop the case on Miles in order to get the Davis conviction, if the ballistics match Johnson’s weapon To the holes in Miller’s window.
I appreciate your informed take on this subject. I am “assuming” the police and DA have seen the videos, so I would “assume” they know who initiated the shooting, which I would “assume” is the guilty party. I, again, am “assuming” since Davis is still being held, that the video evidence points to him being the initial shooter. Anything I am missing here, please let me know what that may be. Thanks.

I appreciate your informed take on this subject. I am “assuming” the police and DA have seen the videos, so I would “assume” they know who initiated the shooting, which I would “assume” is the guilty party. I, again, am “assuming” since Davis is still being held, that the video evidence points to him being the initial shooter. Anything I am missing here, please let me know what that may be. Thanks.
It would not matter if he was the initial shooter or the second shooter. Firing a weapon into a car and killing someone is defined as Capital Murder in Alabama. Self Defense is a matter for the jury to determine. The DA will have to make a decision on whether or not he believes there is enough evidence to get a conviction. The DA represents the People of Alabama and Davis and Miles are part of the people he represents, which is why the DA will have to make a tough decision. Alabama does not have the Florida Stand your ground law. If there is an Avenue of safe retreat, that is what you must do. Killing someone is the last resort. At this stage there must be something in the video that backs up Johnson’s claims, as he could well be charged with Assault with the intent to murder for shooting Davis. I would like to know, did Johnson fire the shots from the vehicle or outside of the vehicle. At some point it appears that Miles realized there was going to be a shoot out, so he hid his girlfriend. We are also talking Symantecs in this case. Did Miles supply the gun, hand the gun to Davis, or merely tell Davis where his gun was Located? I need to see the video, but it is beginning to sound like Johnson may was have produced the gun and then a highly intoxicated Davis retrieved Miles weapon and the shootout ensued.

Like I said, after the hearing I have more questions than answers. As far as Miles is concerned, I do not see the charge, at this time. As far as Davis, I think this case is headed for a Manslaughter conviction, which is what it would be if it was not so high profile.

l admit the facts do not look good, with a woman being dead and three basketball players involved. I am not saying that this is a case of a hood trying to be a big man trying to take on a known basketball player, but it could be. It sounds a lot like a young drunk dancing and blocking traffic in the street and someone unnecessarily escalated the situation and then things spun out of control. Remember there is a legal axiom that applies to this case. “Drunk is he who can not rise from the floor and drink one more.” The case is definitely not good for Davis, but that is all I see.

Here's one thing I know for sure. You can never 100% trust messages given by today's media. They are more worried about being the first to break a story than giving a 100% accurate story. They have also been known to change a story or alter it to make it sound more scandalous. They will on the other hand jump all over someone like coach Oats for not responding to a question 100% the way they think he should. I have always said don't hold someone else to a standard of perfection unless you yourself can meet that same standard. I wish there was a way of holding the media accountable for when they aimlessly spout out crap that is untrue or not accurate.

Here's one thing I know for sure. You can never 100% trust messages given by today's media. They are more worried about being the first to break a story than giving a 100% accurate story. They have also been known to change a story or alter it to make it sound more scandalous. They will on the other hand jump all over someone like coach Oats for not responding to a question 100% the way they think he should. I have always said don't hold someone else to a standard of perfection unless you yourself can meet that same standard. I wish there was a way of holding the media accountable for when they aimlessly spout out crap that is untrue or not accurate.
Well said.

Reactions: tydzbk and Codie B
It would not matter if he was the initial shooter or the second shooter. Firing a weapon into a car and killing someone is defined as Capital Murder in Alabama. Self Defense is a matter for the jury to determine. The DA will have to make a decision on whether or not he believes there is enough evidence to get a conviction. The DA represents the People of Alabama and Davis and Miles are part of the people he represents, which is why the DA will have to make a tough decision. Alabama does not have the Florida Stand your ground law. If there is an Avenue of safe retreat, that is what you must do. Killing someone is the last resort. At this stage there must be something in the video that backs up Johnson’s claims, as he could well be charged with Assault with the intent to murder for shooting Davis. I would like to know, did Johnson fire the shots from the vehicle or outside of the vehicle. At some point it appears that Miles realized there was going to be a shoot out, so he hid his girlfriend. We are also talking Symantecs in this case. Did Miles supply the gun, hand the gun to Davis, or merely tell Davis where his gun was Located? I need to see the video, but it is beginning to sound like Johnson may was have produced the gun and then a highly intoxicated Davis retrieved Miles weapon and the shootout ensued.

Like I said, after the hearing I have more questions than answers. As far as Miles is concerned, I do not see the charge, at this time. As far as Davis, I think this case is headed for a Manslaughter conviction, which is what it would be if it was not so high profile.

l admit the facts do not look good, with a woman being dead and three basketball players involved. I am not saying that this is a case of a hood trying to be a big man trying to take on a known basketball player, but it could be. It sounds a lot like a young drunk dancing and blocking traffic in the street and someone unnecessarily escalated the situation and then things spun out of control. Remember there is a legal axiom that applies to this case. “Drunk is he who can not rise from the floor and drink one more.” The case is definitely not good for Davis, but that is all I see.
Very good analysis. Something else that I would like to know is the reverse angle of the shots fired and what is the trajectory? This information would tell us who was standing/sitting where when shots were fired.

The defense attorney Mary Turner is excellent. More may come out , but from what I have heard pretty much everything is on the table. From here on out it will be attorney's trying to represent their clients As many of you know 2 attorneys can look at the same set of facts and see two (or 3) different situations. . . If Bradley and Miller could have been charged they would have been charged. Let's play basketball.

The defense attorney Mary Turner is excellent. More may come out , but from what I have heard pretty much everything is on the table. From here on out it will be attorney's trying to represent their clients As many of you know 2 attorneys can look at the same set of facts and see two (or 3) different situations. . . If Bradley and Miller could have been charged they would have been charged. Let's play basketball.
Thank you sir.

Reactions: tydzbk
There was more reasonable discussion of this situation in this thread than in all of the talk shows and web articles put together. Thank you Vaughn and Xcop especially for your analysis.

One thing's for sure after seeing a game last night and then viewing ours tonight. The media, and ESPN in particular, is going to spend all their bonus time pinning us as enemy #1. Makes me ill watching these same scripted takes on a young man that they KNOW they know nothing about. They know he's an elite player on our team and they want to bury him. Fact is they are too old to act as though they shouldn't consider the entirety of the situation and that Miller is not culpable for the actions of others. Even knowing it was coming, I'm surprised by the degree of crucifixion that Miller, Oats, and Bama MCB is receiving right now from ESPN.

One thing's for sure after seeing a game last night and then viewing ours tonight. The media, and ESPN in particular, is going to spend all their bonus time pinning us as enemy #1. Makes me ill watching these same scripted takes on a young man that they KNOW they know nothing about. They know he's an elite player on our team and they want to bury him. Fact is they are too old to act as though they shouldn't consider the entirety of the situation and that Miller is not culpable for the actions of others. Even knowing it was coming, I'm surprised by the degree of crucifixion that Miller, Oats, and Bama MCB is receiving right now from ESPN.
While I don’t disagree, I would have been SHOCKED if they acted any differently. Outside of games, I haven’t watched anything on ESPN in years, because it has just become absolutely awful. I guess more people like this worthless garbage, or they would stop. I just am not one of them, and can’t understand why anyone would think it is entertaining or informative in any way anymore.

Because video evidence is not backing this false narrative, neither Miller nor Bradley are charged with a crime, and America is about due process, not media hack mob "justice", which is no justice at all.

Reactions: xcop and lainey2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT