ADVERTISEMENT

Who scores the first touchdown against Duke on Saturday?

Tony_Tsoukalas

All American
Staff
Feb 5, 2014
BamaInsider is looking to bring the discussion surrounding Alabama football to the fans. During our new daily feature, we’ll be tackling a question concerning the Crimson Tide while also allowing you the fans to give your take.

Alabama will start Saturday’s season-opener without four of its top players as running backs Najee Harris and Brian Robinson Jr., receiver DeVonta Smith and outside linebacker Terrell Lewis are all suspended for part of the game, according to a source. The suspensions are not believed to be for the whole game and likely won’t influence the outcome of the matchup too much. Still, they will make life a little more difficult for the Crimson Tide early on.

Even without its top two backs and one of its top four receivers, Alabama’s offense is one of the most formidable in the nation. Regardless of how long that trio spends on the sidelines, the Crimson Tide should find the end zone regularly against Duke on Saturday.

Today's Question — Who scores the first touchdown against Duke on Saturday?

Kyle Henderson: In terms of the first touchdown, it could be anyone. The offense is so loaded with talent. I can see Tua Tagovailoa hitting Jerry Jeudy for a long score to open the game, but I can also see true freshman Keilan Robinson busting a big run for a score. Let's go with this option: Tua Tagovailoa hits Robinson for a swing pass or a screen, which Robinson then takes to the house, which causes this game to quickly spiral out of control for Duke.

Tony Tsoukalas: Considering Alabama is without its top two running backs, the smart choice is to go with a passing touchdown. Last season, we saw how quickly the Crimson Tide can score and how deadly its receivers can be when they get the ball in open space. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jaylen Waddle continue that trend by catching a quick slant over the middle and taking it to the house early in the game.

What's your take?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News