ADVERTISEMENT

Football 🏈 MyPerfectFranchise Redshirt Report: Where the freshman stand at the bye week

With Alabama on its bye week, Tide Illustrated at all 22 newcomers to determine who has burned their redshirt, who could still redshirt, and players likely to keep their redshirt.

Football 🏈 MyPerfectFranchise.net PFF Gradebook: Alabama's grades against Mississippi State

With Alabama getting back into the win column, here’s a look at each position group’s PFF grades against Mississippi State.

OFFICIATING

Honest question … Are teams/players less disciplined this year or are Officials inserting themselves more into the game? Not that Officials are trying necessarily to influence the outcome but it seems there are more yellow hankies thrown regardless of the team.

I know the Big12 officials love their flags, but it seems like all conferences are experiencing the same scenario. And it always appears to be slanted primarily against one team. For reference: Alabama (vs Texas & Tenn), Syracuse (vs Clemson), Texas (vs Okla St) as a few examples.

I’m not insinuating that all the flags are bogus, just that it usually isn’t evenly called against both teams on “judgement” calls (holding, PI, unnecessary roughnesses, etc). Teams appear to get a “reputation” and officiating tends to reflect that.

Just an observation after watching numerous games lately. Your thoughts?

I went to practice today

It was a practice that Tide Pride folks were allowed to attend. Here are my thoughts with my untrained eye.

-Quinerly played and looked great. He had a big brace on. Still, he moved well and made some nice shots and passes. Here is the best part, though. He was vocal. Lifting kids up if they missed a shot, or if they made a mistake.
-Mark Sears was filling it up. He made lots of 3s and made me feel better about the point guard role. He is short, but pretty quick
-Burnett looked like he did last summer. Very long and made a lot of shots.
-Welch was nice looking player. Didn’t do anything crazy, but seemed to know his role.
-Miller is as advertised. Just smooth and you can tell he is the best player on the court.
-Chuck and Miles were injured and not playing. Miles twisted an ankle and was riding a bike. Chuck looked like he could have played
-Gurley had some nice shots, but still seems slow to me.
-Nick Pringle was the biggest surprise to me. He can jump out of the gym. He was dunking and blocking shots. Now, he didn’t have Chuck to deal with so that made it easier for him.
-Clowney was falling down and getting hit a lot. I didn‘t see anything great from him
-Bradley played well for not practicing a lot.
-Griffin played, but didn’t do anything special.

It was just one practice, but I feel good about this team. I like the leadership from Q. I think that is big. I really feel like that part of the equation is fixed. The other thing is length of this team is going to give opponents trouble. I think we are still too careless with passes, but that just may be the way we are with Oats’ offense. If we can stop other teams better than last year, I think we will win a lot of games. I feel like our SEC schedule is the most favorable we have had in years. Just my opinions. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Name the Score of the game

Okay, we know Alabama plays BYE this week, so we don't have a Bama Game to pick. The solution is as follows: You name the game, pick the score of the game, the total offense for the winning team and the leading receiver for the winning team with his yardage.

1. ______________________ ___ vs. ____________________________ ____

2. Total Offense for winning team.________________

3. Leading receiver for the winning team with yardage ____________
Reactions: lainey2020

Not a good night…

1). This is a performance Bryce will want to forget quickly. I was thinking it was the receivers inability to run routes and create space (and I still lay the blame there) but Bryce has pressed for the first time I can remember tonight. I think I will finally point a finger at BOB as well. Pathetic.
2). OL has pass blocked pretty well tonight. Run blocking not so well. BOB again. I will say that I’m not as high on the performance of Steen this year as others are. I’ll leave it at that.
3) Our WR talent is enormous. Talent doesn’t win games…performance does. Separation is dismal.

That’s not all, but I’ll shut up….

l'm Sure Our Coaches Will Be Scattered All Over the Country

Most of our coaches will be headed out tonight and won't be back until time for a quick get together with the team Sunday. l have heard where a couple of them are going to be and who they will be visiting, but l was wondering if any of y'all might have any more info or maybe some of the Mods might have a list.

l am off for lunch and have not read the board so l am sorry if this has already been covered.
Reactions: BayouBull
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT