ADVERTISEMENT

Complete coaching staff overhaul 2 years in a row

205GoD

All American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2015
Idk, raises many red flags. I remember before the Nc game last year I got wind and told you guys win or lose younger guys who are ace recruiters would be brought in so saban has the players in place to complete his final run.

However, this year Saban is looking to bring in older more experienced guys. Either he’s a genius or he’s getting old and losing it. Either way 2 losses in 2 years is nothing short of great even though Dabos record is better last 3 years.

Saban wants some proven guys on the defensive side. He likes Golding so I expect him to stay over Tupoi (who will look to NFL first for a new job). Kool is a guy who Saban felt wasn’t consistent. Felt like the DL should’ve had more depth and younger guys didn’t develop as much. Pruitt understood Sabans defense a lot better and was better at putting the players in positions to just play and not think as much which may have hindered Moses and Mack from having breakout years. Hard to play free when the coaches are thinking themselves.

Saban liked Scott and Gattis but I think Scott is gone too. Lorenzo Ward (former Bama player) is one to look out for. So is Kevin Steele and now that Blake Barnett is gone Fun Pants is one to look out for.

Kool is looking and if Saban gets the green light for Bo Davis Kool is gone to GT with Key likely or for a smaller schools DC position.

Because of this Ishmael Shopsher May not be a silent commit as he once was. The 2020 QB from Florida has had schools contacting him non stop.

More to come

Also, for Jalen it’s between Maryland and Oklahoma. Oklahoma has promised Spencer Rattler the chance to start day 1. However they’ve told Jalen that he would be given first chance but Rattler will get time so will be interesting.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News