ADVERTISEMENT

With spring practice upon us, few things

205GoD

All American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2015
With new coaches everywhere, a Lot of guys will get and have been told they have a clean slate and it's a new day. As you can see, this is why voluntary attrition was at a minimum. A lot of young guys will get a shot, excited to see how this pans out.

Leaders on D will be Mack Wilson and Raekwon.

Concern is corner and ILB as far a depth quality. A lot of guys will get opportunity to step up. Whether they do or not will be to be seen.

Look forward to some new blood and changes on the OLine.

TEs are deep

WRs don't have the dominant guy like Bamas had i.e. Ridley, Cooper, Julio but anyone can emerged. However, as talented of a collective as there's been under Saban. Adding Waddle will make it even deeper.

Najee will get more touches but I'm just as excited about BRob

Now for the QBs. First off the kid from ECU, won't likely touch the field in a meaningful snap for at least the next 2 years barring injury. He was brought in as an insurance policy. Nowhere near as talented as Hurts, Tua or Mac Jones. Arm strenght, accuracy, mobility, play making not up to SEC par but is coming for the experience and possibly compete before he leaves.

Hurts and Tua will go in with clean slate as well. Both will get first team reps. If I were a betting man I would put the house on both getting meaningful snaps at least the first quarter of the season, barring injury. Tua edges is that he's in sync with the WRs in his class and has the juice right now. Hurts edge is that Saban is in his corner and he's led the team to 2 straight NC games, plus knows the offense and everything expected of the QB under Saban. Will be very interesting especially if Hurts gets his swag back. I expect to see the best shot from both QBs through spring and fall camp. The guy who presses and forces less will get the edge.Hurts has been killing it in the weight room, btw

New coaches are getting to know the players and a lot of young guys have made some waves in workouts.

Moses
Wills
Leatherwood
BRob
James
Cowan
Mac Jones
Irvin Smith
Terrell Hall is now a physical specimen to behold
Savian

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.