ADVERTISEMENT

October Franchise of the Month & Monthly Contest - Guess the franchise - Get 3 months free–or just humor me!!! Sponsored by: MyPerfectFranchise.Net

This month’s concept is service based and brightens your community year around.
  • No National Competitor
  • Residential & Commercial Lighting
  • Year-round service based industry
  • Semi Absentee or Owner Operator
  • Strong Parent Company
  • Best in class technology
Thanks for playing!

Don't expect Nick Saban to take part in Alabama's birthday dunking ritual

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Nick Saban is still pretty lively at age 71, but don’t expect the head coach to take part in Alabama’s tradition of birthday dunks in the team’s cold tub. When asked how players were going to celebrate the head coach’s birthday Monday, linebacker Henry To’oTo’o jokingly suggested giving him the dunking treatment before quickly thinking better of the idea.

“No, that’s not going to go well," To'oTo'o said with a laugh. "We’ve got practice today, so just go out and practice, sing him happy birthday before practice. But Coach is strictly business, so I don’t think he sees this as his birthday.”

Football 🏈 Everything Nick Saban said during his Monday Press Conference

The open week is over and Monday officially begins Alabama's preparation for LSU. Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban met with the media on his birthday. Here are the highlights from his first media availability of the week.

— "We had a good work week last week. Really tried to emphasize what are you going to attach yourself to this week."

— Nick Saban: Brian Kelly has done an outstanding job there

— Saban said the game will be a tough one all the way around citing, "This is kind of a rivalry game that's always an important matchup."

— Saban said DJ Dale and Jaheim Oatis will start back at practice this week and they'll see how available they are going to be throughout the week.

— Nick Saban on Brian Kelly's teams: "They don't beat themselves."

— Saban on playing at Tiger Stadium: "It's obviously very hard to play on the road and they have a great tradition."

— Nick Saban: "We can't beat ourselves. We've got to be able to have enough poise to be able to execute in this kind of environment" in Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night.
Reactions: mekonic

November 5 & 12

These next two weeks will determine if Alabama has a chance of reaching the first goal of the season, the SECCG. Both LSU and Ole Miss have the type QB, a multi talented QB that has the ability to turn a potential sack into a winning play, that has given Alabama fits All through the Saban years.

I just pray that we don’t sit back and allow the LSU QB’s to read “War and Peace” and try to beat them only rushing three. We saw Tennessee using that formula to put 52 on the board.

I also hope that we let Bryce pass sometimes on first down. If BoB has not noticed, our offense works better when we run up tempo and allow Bryce to call plays on the fly. That should tell you everything you need to know about BoB.

Official game thread: Southern Illinois at Alabama

Alabama men's basketball team is holding its final scrimmage of the preseason as the Crimson Tide hosts Southern Illinois at Foster Auditorium.

Pregame Notes

— Charlies Bediako, Darius Miles and Jahvon Quinerly are all in street clothes for this afternoon's scrimmage, with Miles wearing a walking boot on his left foot.
— A scout for the Portland Trail Blazers and the Dallas Mavericks are here to watch the scrimmage.
— Nick Pringle just pulled off a windmill dunk in warmups. He has some serious hops.

— Here are the starters for Alabama against Southern Illinois: Mark Sears, Dominick Welch, Noah Gurley, Noah Clowney and Brandon Miller.

Kaden Cooper Nugget

So here we are. Kaden Cooper said earlier this month he would commit by the end of the month and this is the final day.

What I’m hearing is a commitment is coming very very soon. Will it be today? No clue. He hasn’t told the staffs involved yet and he’s always been very close to the vest.
I put in my futurecast for Bama Earlier this month and I’m not wavering. I’m still pretty confident he chooses the Tide.

Spurs waive Joshua Primo

Login to view embedded media
Spears added in another tweet: “Josh Primo is a great young talent. Scores easy. Just 19 years old. Spurs had been developing this kid. The small market Spurs don’t just drop a player like that unless something detrimental happened off the court. Not sure what. Coach Pop declined comment. Very odd situation.”

Statistics After Week #9

Even though Bama did not play, Statistical changes did occur both Offensively and Defensively.

Georgia continues to dominate the rankings being top 5 in both overall categories.

Total Offense--#17 in the nation and #5 in the SEC behind #1 Tennessee,#2 Georgia, #10 Ole Miss and #13 Arkansas.

Total Defense--#14 in the nation and #2 in the SEC behind #4 Georgia.

I do anticipate Georgia sliding down with next weeks update in the defensive category after it faces the #1 offense in the nation this upcoming weekend.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT