ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread: Alabama @ No. 1 Auburn

I can't really answer that question accurately. I do think Oats could do some better things coaching wise. But the players are not blameless either.
JQ and Ellis are 2 of 15 combined shooting tonight. That is not on Oats.
Maybe it’s not on Oats. But they have to shoot some questionable shots at times bc everything is iso and it’s too easy to help.

@G.O.A.T-23 pearl has been at auburn 8 years he's only won more than 20 games in 4 years. Last year he went through the same thing oats is this year. If it wasn't for the portal he basically has the same team as last year but with Jabari Smith. No way they are number 1 with out the portal! All but one of the stars for Auburn are transfers, so I guess Pearl had no faith in his own recruited guys.
Auburn is historically one of the worse teams in SEC history and he took them to the Final Four, now has them the #1 team in the country.

As for the portal, where would Bama be without JQ, Ellis, Bruner, and hopefully next year Burnett? All transfer guys.

Reactions: StablerCountry
Huge win if they don’t score on this blob out of this timeout.

This was supposed to be Oats's best team. Most here couldn't wait for “Avery's players” to leave. This team started the season highly ranked and that team is pretty much intact.
Primo was expected to stay and contribute and so was the Texas tech transfer but he has a knee injury.
I may be forgetting somebody else

Auburn is historically one of the worse teams in SEC history and he took them to the Final Four, now has them the #1 team in the country.

As for the portal, where would Bama be without JQ, Ellis, Bruner, and hopefully next year Burnett? All transfer guys.

I think Auburn wins it all this year. JMHO though

Attack the basket now; they are running hard at the shooters now attack the basket.

When it gets loud in there, you can’t even breathe on them around the basket.

@G.O.A.T-23, Bruner was a grad so he did it the right way, JQ sat a year, ellis came from Juco so he did it the right way. I'm not saying we don't have transfers, but Auburns star transfers got to play immediately.

Why is our sketchiest passer inbounding the ball. Davidson is overwhelmed by the stage
Why do we just lob it up? Why can’t we screen for each other and get some movement going to actually try and get somebody open?

Q needs to calm the F down and run the damn offense. Every time we are down in he loses his damn mind and thinks he has to drive in the lane every possesion

This last years Auburn transfers vs Alabamas- 39 points to 11
Auburns lottery pick vs Bamas “lottery” pick- 13 points to 0 points

JQ and Shack get us back in and then they’re gone. Auburn didn’t get take them away that easy. Did they hide or did we just forget what they just did?

Reactions: G.O.A.T-23
Ellis is a huge disappointment. Misses wide open shots and is about a Kmart version of herb on defense. That might be too generous. JD is awful and Is a huge liability. Only this team could crawl back into a game trailing by only 2 to then just get blown out all over again.

See thats the selfish bullshit right there. Q needs to kick the damn ball out to the shooters instead of flying in the lane against 2 bigs

I get the feeling he’s not as big of a disappointment if he’s wearing the other teams jersey…
That might be true but on that roster, it would be hard to be a disappointment. Imagine JD running that PNR and throwing oops to Kessler and Smith. Those guys open it all up. Also Green killed us again tonight, just like in Tuscaloosa. That kid is good.

Reactions: Bhug and G.O.A.T-23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT