ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball ⚾️ Game Thread: Alabama @ No. 1 Auburn

See thats the selfish bullshit right there. Q needs to kick the damn ball out to the shooters instead of flying in the lane against 2 bigs
In his defense, it’s a layup if Kessler doesn’t block it. And he had no clue Kessler was close. Kessler was busting it from way behind. A lot of ability but tons of effort.

If I was Gurley's baby-mama I'd never let him hold the child. 0% chance he could change a diaper without slapping it in the face.

That might be true but on that roster, it would be hard to be a disappointment. Imagine JD running that PNR and throwing oops to Kessler and Smith. Those guys open it all up. Also Green killed us again tonight, just like in Tuscaloosa. That kid is good.
They have better players but they also put their players in better spots on the half court. You’re telling me Gary can’t catch and lob and dunk it? Or Bediako? The problem is when our bigs roll, the other team has a guy standing there most time to tag them bc our movement and spacing away from that is nothing compared to Auburns.

Reactions: Bhug and G.O.A.T-23
In his defense, it’s a layup if Kessler doesn’t block it. And he had no clue Kessler was close. Kessler was busting it from way behind. A lot of ability but tons of effort.
Thats the problem. Zero awareness. Just stumbling through the paint looking for a prayer. Wasted fast break

Gary and Davison took off running at the same time getting back on defense and JD had a head start and Gary beat him down there by a few steps.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
Offensive rebound then throw up garbage into AUs bigs...anybody think they are pumping sound in? Sounds weird. I know ita a loud place but the sound is just a different loud

Sorry. For some reason I thought JQ was keeping us in this game.
He is, him and shack. But then he has complete bone head plays like that, that just erases a bucket. Same with Shack, just got an O-board, take it out and look for a good secone chance bucket attempt. You are misinterpreting my frustrations lol

How's my "low IQ post of the week" looking now smart guy??? You should probably take a break from quoting me @pwestbro61 .
You take a break. You predicted a 25 point half time advantage and that Bama would score 44 points total. Like I said- low IQ. You were wrong on both accounts.
Stay in your lane.

He is, him and shack. But then he has complete bone head plays like that, that just erases a bucket. Same with Shack, just got an O-board, take it out and look for a good secone chance bucket attempt. You are misinterpreting my frustrations lol
I get it. I just don’t trust anybody else to get anything done. It’s JQ and Shack or bust.

I want to torture KD Johnson
He is a player that is very easy to just out flat hate when he plays for a rival team. His motor is only matched by his mouth that seems to never shut up.

What sucks is he probably won't have an open door to the draft, or at least not a sure first round pick. So he'll be a Pearl guard for at least one more season.

Reactions: Sweetlou2.0
Pearl moving to the 2-3 was the turning point in the 2nd half.
I don’t think they played it a ton really. But it slowed things down at that point in time and they mixed it in other times. Don’t know how we can’t get Shack and JQ open 3’s against a 2-3.

You take a break. You predicted a 25 point half time advantage and that Bama would score 44 points total. Like I said- low IQ. You were wrong on both accounts.
Stay in your lane.
He didn't predict anything. He said IF Alabama let Auburn do the same thing that UGA and Missouri did, you COULD see that type of score.

That's far from saying this is going to happen, which is what a prediction is. You really not that smart...

Reactions: jtr4dad and frazor
Tonight is all JQ/Shack. No one else has stepped up. I was so hyped up about JD but man he’s been so frustrating to watch. Played significant minutes and contributed absolutely nothing

Stay in your lane.
If Bama keeps it within 20 I will be surprised. At Mizzou and UGA you see stretches where the opponent scores on 6-7 straight posessions. If Bama let's AU have that type of success you'll see a 44-19 type halftime score.

Care to read it again???

Auburn is a top 5 team. I do think their guard play is a bit out of control at time. Not like the the Harper/Brown combo they had in 2019. Once the March games come around, this team will be a lot more vulnerable than they seem now. Not sure they get the same result Kentucky got in Lawrence. They’ve had a nice SEC schedule.

Reactions: adsmith4
Cant watch anymore. Hate AU so bad maybe we get another shot at em in the SEC tourney
Not sure I want Bama to play them again....We could see them two more times. SEC tourney and NCAA tourney. Was like that with Kentucky one time under Wimp. We lost them all to Kentucky that year.

I get it. I just don’t trust anybody else to get anything done. It’s JQ and Shack or bust.
Yea well thats not winning basketball. Its okay to have your two scorers but you gotta have guys at least scrap around them. Rebounds, lose balls, step up on defense...and you also gotta have a coach that can grab Shack and Q up and tell them to slow the f down and run a half court offense. JD was suppose to be one and done and he cant get the ball out of his hands fast enough to Shack or Q....thats not a very good mentality

Yea well thats not winning basketball. Its okay to have your two scorers but you gotta have guys at least scrap around them. Rebounds, lose balls, step up on defense...and you also gotta have a coach that can grab Shack and Q up and tell them to slow the f down and run a half court offense. JD was suppose to be one and done and he cant get the ball out of his hands fast enough to Shack or Q....thats not a very good mentality
Half court offense? You think we have one of those? Our half court offense is a guard playing 1 on 1.

Tough one. Auburn is really good and we don’t match up good with them at all. Bruce Pearl is good at what he does. Moving on to the next one.

Difference in this game and the game in T-Town is the fouls went the other way and Kessler played the whole game.

I was shocked when we pulled within 2 by making some ridiculous run of shots but we didn't get the lid off that lead and the barn just blew our doors off from there on. We sat a couple guys to give them a breather and JD went out there and before you could blink it was a 10 point game again. And again Oats never called a timeout to try and settle the team down.

Bottom line, most Bama fans don't want to admit it but that's a damn good basketball team Pearl put together this year. That's a championship game caliber team that has no excuse to not win it all. Like the dawg football team if they don't win it all then it's a failed season for them. Frankly they shouldn't lose another game this season but they'll get overconfident at some point and lose one they shouldn't. I don't think anyone in basketball can beat them when they're hitting shots and kessler stays out of foul trouble. Legit 10 deep in high level talent and they all give something unique that can tweak what they challenge you with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT