ADVERTISEMENT

Not looking good for Bediako😒

Bocat69

All American
Jan 16, 2011
Been watching this kid a lot with Team Canada. He has a long way to go. Just not the type of guy that fits into coach Oats system. I think he made a huge mistake picking us over systems like Texas or Big Ten schools. Luckily we had an advantage with the IMG and Canadian pipeline, but I just don't see him hanging around after not playing much year one.

Bobcat69, we're not looking for him to be a great offensive talent right now, but to be a rim protector and rebounder. He can run the floor, which means he's a fit for Oats' system.
I Hope your right. I just don't see it watching him play with Team Canada. Hopefully he can develop and be a force for us down low.

Bediako had very limited practice time with Team Canada as he's been at Bama workouts... and it shows.

He'll develop with Bama/CNO and refine & polish his skills. One thing for certain and according to JQ sounds like the pick & roll will work effectively with Bediako - who by the way is a mobile 7 footer who can also shoot a three if needed. Upside is Huge.

To put it in perspective, Bediako is way ahead of where Donte Hall was as a freshman, and I would love to have Donte on the roster. Don't agree with OP's post.
Having a Dante Hall would be huge for this team. However, Hall was a 22 year old in state kid who decided to make the best of his time at Bama. Bediako is far from home and lives in a much different era than Hall did just 5 years ago. For better or worse Bediako being in Tuscaloosa longer than 2 seasons will surprise me.

Reactions: winin11
I love Bediako. He showed flashes knocking down a couple threes and has good form on his free throws. He thrives on defense being able to defend the rim and guard multiple positions. He’s raw offensively but he will be a terror in pick and roll/pop with an off-season to get stronger. Think Clint Capela but can shoot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT